Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 54

Gym day for me: YAY! Not eating before an intense 2 hour work out: STUPID!
I got up early this morning (6:30 am) so I could get some of my work for the dr. office done before I left for the gym. I worked for about 45 minutes until I started getting really sleepy so I got up and made myself a big to-go mug of coffee and drank that until time to leave for the gym. I was full from so much coffee that I wasn't really hungry and plus, I've been wanting to give working out before eating a try anyway...so off I went. (for those who don't know--I am an avid breakfast eater--haven't missed a breakfast in probably 10 years)
Well, it became apparent about 30 minutes into kickboxing that I was WAY weak and shaky. In my mind..I was all there and totally wanting to kick some butt...but...when I threw a punch or kicked my leg it was like the energy behind the swing had been drained out and I barely hit the bag. The impact of my kicks nearly knocked ME over instead of me knocking the bag over! HA! Wouldn't that be something--the headlines would read..."Girl knocks HERSELF out at local kickboxing class!"
Anyway, I was zonked after the class was over and I really wanted to just call it a day....but....I was meeting a lady in the gym parking lot to sell something from Craigs list so I had to stay for another hour and a half!!! So I used the 15 min. between kickboxing and Zumba to try to get my heartrate back into normal #'s (it was up around 180-190 all throughout the kickboxing class!) and get rehydrated.
When time for Zumba came, I actually felt quite better and really did give it a good effort. What really SUCKED is that I hung around so I could meet that lady and then she decided she didn't want to buy the item after all! Grrrr.... Oh well..at least I burned 873 calories in those 2 1/4 hours!
When I got home, I 'inhaled' some Light Progresso Sante Fe Chicken soup (160 cal) and 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwhich and then got very nauseated. (ate WAYYY too fast) I took a quick shower and then laid around ALL the rest of the day!
Tonight was the kids school carnval and I was scheduled to work at the jupiter jump almost the entire evening. It was fun but by the time it got over at 8 pm, we were all starving--so we went out for Mexican. Matt and I shared fajitas and I only ate 1 tortilla. The rest of the onions, peppers and meat I just ate by themselves. Still, I know I probably had too many chips and salsa. I hated it that I "messed up" all that work I had done earlier in the day.....
Anyway, in all today, I learned that I should definintely eat before working out...especially if I'm gonna be up for 3 hours before I work out. I also learned that if we don't PLAN out our meals, we end up going out for something unhealthy and I don't do nearly as well.

No comments: