Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 73 and 74

Day 73:
Saturday we got up and picked up the house a bit because my neice, Chantel, was coming to visit that night. Then we had a nice lunch and then Matt and I did Chest & Back and I did Ab Ripper X. After that it was time for a quick dip in the pool and then we put some chicken on the grill for dinner.

Day 74:
Monday's are whole-house cleaning days for us...so we stayed busy today. Then after that, we threw on our swim suits and while the kids swam, I scooped dog poop and mowed/vacummed the back yard. I say vacummed because there were a million little peices of white foam ALL over our back yard from where Sadie chewed up Grant's life jacket. If you mow with the grass catch on, it picks up every single bit of that (and cuts the grass!) so when I finally got done, the yard looked great. Never mind the fact that I am NUTS for mowing the lawn at 3:00 in the afternoon when the heat index is probably like 110. By the time I got done, I could hardly see or walk straight. The sweat (and left-over hair spray) was running into my eyes like little streams and I was so OVERLY hot. My face was as red as the tomatos in my garden. I hopped in the pool though in the nick of time and got cooled off. Since me and hubby went out on a date last night, we didn't get to our P90X work out---BUT---I think I probably burned a decent amount of calories push-mowing the yard...so I'm not too worried.

No comments: