Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 61

July 10, Day 61, Age 3o, Weight 136, Size 6, 1 happy woman.

Today wasn't anything spectactular per-say but it was still a really nice day. I started it out by getting up early this morning to work. Then it was off to the gym for my core/pump class. Then it was off to the grocery story for a few things, home to clean house, take a shower and then over to my mom's to have dinner with her and my grandma, who made me my FAVORITE food for dinner. I don't know what it's called....some kind of chicken casserole but its sooooooooo good! She also made me a WONDERFUL pear cake with carmel sauce as my b-day cake. YUM!!!
After that I opened my gifts which were ALL wonderful! Since my mom had gotten me a HRM, Matt and I decided to return it while my mom kept the kids. I ended up trading it in for a pair of Asics tennis shoes. They were the most elaborate, expensive shoes in the whole store so I hope I LOVE them. They felt heavenly on my feet in the store. I have 30 days to return them as long as I don't wear them outside, which for that price, they may never see the outdoors! Ha ha....
No really, I have to say...they actually rang up quite a bit cheaper than the tag said so I was pleasantly surprised and once I made sure there wasn't an error, I thanked my Heavenly Father for the wonderful Blessing!
As for eating today...well, for "splurging" I think I actually did really good. I would have liked to eaten more...and tonight (right now) I'd REALLY like to eat something, but I refuse.
Breakfast: 1 1/2 c. Life cereal, skim milk.
Lunch: 2 slices Mazzios Lucky 7 thin crust pizza.
Snack: Homemade chocolate chip cookie
Dinner: Chicken casserole (chicken, celery, water chestnuts, almonds, french fried onions, cheddar cheese, sour cream and mayo) with small spoon of corn and 1 bisquit.
Dessert: Slice of Pear cake (made from scratch) with carmel sauce.

By the way, I wore my HRM to the gym today---BUT I forgot to start it until the class was half over. But...for the 30 min. that I did clock it..I burned 320 cal. (which would be 640 cal/hr--not too bad).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going your way.Your Grandma fixed a nice dinner and dessert for you that must have been nice. BTW, Please post a pic of your tennis shoes so that we can see them.

Just so you know I've done that more times than I care to mention, and I get so mad at myself for forgetting to push the HRM button. It takes some habit forming thats for sure....Hope your Birthday was Special...