Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 63

I would really like to just call today a skip day since I didn't eat great OR do a work out....but instead I am going to pretend that today was "rest" day and I'll do today's scheduled work out tomorrow instead of having a rest day. Since we had family in town today, I cooked a big breakfast (turkey bacon, turkey sausage, hashbrowns, eggs & blueberry waffles). Then after that, we got all ready and went to Incredible Pizza Co. to play games (arcade, bowling, mini golf, go karts) and then we ate off the buffet. I ate a huge plate of salad and skipped the pizza ALL together! (miraculously!) Instead, I ate a peice of cherry cobbler! Yikes! At least I steered clear of the pizza though, right?

For "dinner" I had a bowl of cereal. Then late night, before bed, Matt and I shared a chocolate peanut-butter protein shake and a 100-cal. pack of kettle corn.

Not a "successful" day in the normal sense of the term...but if you knew how I used to eat at an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet...I would say this was definitely a success. Before, you would have had to wheel me out! This time I left feeling satisfied.
By the way...check out my other blog for some really crazy, funny stories and pictures from this day!

No comments: