Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 71

Well, folks, I'm on a roll! 3 days and counting of good, hard work outs! Today I went to the gym early and did a 45 minute advanced step class and then a 45 minute pump/core/cardio class. I took my HRM and the teacher announced to the class that I would be tracking the calories for each class and then we'd see how many calories could be burned during her classes. For the first class (step) I clocked 320 calories. For the second class (core/cardio/pump) I clocked 412. So total for the hour and a half was 732 calories!! Wow! I was so excited to see a big number finally! My heart rate was through the roof though! Several times I glanced down it was in the 190's and 180's!! My target heart rate is 166 (max) so I was a little concerned that I might have been pushing a little too hard. But geez, I felt pressure to pump out a good number since I was announcing to the whole class!!Anyhow, after the gym, the kids and I went to the sprinkler park in town for a picnic. It was So Stinkin' HOT! I guess for the kids it's not that bad since they are running around in their swim suits in the cold water--but for the mommies who are just laying on a towel in the bright sun...Yowsers! After all that hard work out and then an hour of straight sun and NO WATER (dumb, dumb, forgetful me!) I stood up and thought I might pass out. It was too hot and I was probably dehydrated from all the sweat and no hydration. I packed the kids up and we headed over to Sonic for water. BTW..that is one of my favorite "secrets" now (thanks Rach!)...going to Sonic to get lemon water. It costs .25 cents and you get a large, styrofoam cup full of crushed ice and lemons and water! YUM! For me and the kids to each get one, I spent a whole .81 cents and they LOVE it too!!We came home and swam for about an hour in the pool before we headed in for showers and to cool off.Tonight, since I got plenty of cardio and weights in this morning, I opted to skip Yoga and just do Ab Ripper X. Now me and Matt are fixing to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie called "Definitely Maybe". It looked cute on the box...hopefully it will be.I can hardly believe I only have 19 days of P90X left. I am excited but nervous. I don't want to go hog-wild when its over "treating" myself with things I've been "deprived" of for the past 90 days---and I really don't think I will...but still....I almost wish it wasn't going to be over. Ha!Realistically, I'll probably take a few weeks off and then start up again. I would LOVE to order the Hip Hop Abs DVD's or Turbo Jam to add in some more fun cardio options. We'll see.....Food for today consisted of:Breakfast: 1 Kashi WW blueberry frozen waffle with SF syrup, 1 boal of oatmeal with raisins and walnuts.Lunch: turkey sandwhich on WW light bread, LF mayo, 100 cal. pack doritos, 1 light yogurt cup, 2 fig newton crisps.Snack: 100 cal. pack of chips ahoy, 5 pistaciosDinner: salad, bowl of left over tortilla soup, choc. protien shakeSnack: 1/2 of a 100 cal. kettle corn popcorn, lemon water

No comments: