Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 75

Well, my posts on this blog are getting shorter and shorter. Not only have I not been listing out all my foods...(don't know why) but I also haven't been doing my P90X work outs either!
I don't know what's going on other than to say Life Happens. I am still eating healthy and exercising...just not P90X style.
Today I got up and went to the gym for my work out. I did a 45 minute pump/core class and then I did 25 minutes interval training on the elliptical machine. I burned a total of 617 calories in that 70 minutes. Not bad. I did take the kids to McDonald's for lunch and TRIED to order myself a side salad--but they were out. Then I asked for a fruit and yogurt parfait and they were out of those too...so I settled for a water and the left over half of a protein bar that was in my purse. Then on the way home, I ate a bag of Bear Naked fruit & nut granola (170 cal) and it was SOO yummy!
For dinner, we took the kids to Mazzios for their buffet. I did fairly well by only eating 2 slices of their Lucky 7 pizza (160 cal. each) and a big salad with LIGHT ranch dressing and only tiny bit of it. But then later when we got home, I ate a yogurt cup with another one of the granola packets mixed in (300 cal. total) and then I felt REALLY guilty about that! Oh well....
Like I said.....Life Happens. I am not quitting p90X by ANY means...but I can't let it take over my whole life either.
Candy is always good about reminding me of this...this isn't just a "90 day thing" like some people like to think. This is my new life style---Forever. In 15 days when I am "officially" done with this program....nothing will change. I will continue on just exactly as I am right now. The only thing that will happen is that I will get back into my bikini and take my "after" pictures so I can compare and if I'm REALLY brave..I'll post them for you to see. Hey...anything would be better than the before pictures!! Ha ha! When I saw those, I KNEW I HAD to do something about my body!

1 comment:

KC said...

Thanks right Jen. This is a "lifestyle change", not just a 90 day quick fix. This is basically teaching you to love exercise (which you already do) and make better food choices (which you are also doing). So I think P90X has definitely helped you learn some valuable lifestyle changes, and will continue to help you from now on. So it has definitely been worth it.