Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Days 39, 40, 41

The freakin' weekend. That's what they call it on one of the radio stations around here and I tell ya--that's about how I feel about it today. Grrr....
So, as I mentioned before, I was going out of town Fri. & Sat. with my mom and Brooklyn. Well, Friday after I posted "Day 38's" post I started getting sick. Sicker and sicker as the day progressed. I never did actually barf...but I was as nauseated as I've ever been in my life ALL. DAY. LONG. It was miserable. I never was able to eat anything that entire day other than a few crackers. I took a 2 hour nap that morning in place of my work out. Then on the way to our out-of-town destination, my mom drove and I slept the whole way. When we got there, I practically passed out on the couch. I'm sure no one knew what to make of me--as that is SO NOT my normal personality. I am the kind of person who will be sick and you'll never know it because I just tend to ignore symptoms. Literally, when I mention that I'm not feeling well...people know it must be pretty serious. Anyway...no work out on Friday. Saturday we got up early and amazingly I felt AWESOME! I mean..not just "back to normal" but I felt Grrrrreat! I was awake and energetic and very cheery feeling. It was terrific! Anyway, we went to Ihop for breakfast and I ordered an egg substitute veggie omlet. It came with 2 silver dollar pancakes so I ate them with sugar free syrup and had water. I felt great about that. Then we went to Lowes and bought paint and I spent the rest of the day painting the nursery (for my neice)--ceiling included. We had Subway for lunch. It ended up being about 8:30 pm before we got home...so no work out on Saturday either. Sunday, which is normally our rest day, we decided to play catch up and do Friday's missed work out--so we did Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. I was glad to have at LEAST done that.
Still, I have got to figure something out with my weekends. I have a feeling my diet on those 3 days is what is sabotaging my weight loss. I really do well with eating M-Thur. but come Friday, I get sloppy.

No comments: