Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Days 32, 33, 34 & 35

Okay...so....we had a blast at the hotel/water park last week. The kids were totally shocked and way excited. The throw-the-rolls place was closed for remodeling so we ended up going to a Italian resturant we'd never been to. It was delicious. I've found a new favorite kind of nachos--the Italian kind! YUM! I ate like a buffalo that night and had NO desire to run back to the hotel room and put on my swimsuit...but the kids were havin' none of that! They were very anxious to get in the water--so the suit went on. THANK GOD I decided against a bikini! Last year at the end of the summer, I saw that the tankini that matches my favorite bikini was on clearance so I bought it up. I was so grateful to not have to expose my mid-section after that big meal! :o)
The next morning (Friday) we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Brooklyn and I halved an order of pecan pancakes with turkey sausage. I used sugar free syrup--so while I know it wasn't the perfect breakfast, I was glad I at least didn't go bezerk. After breakfast we took the kids back to the hotel for a little more swimming and then we headed off to the batting cages. (Grant is going to play ball this summer). It was so much fun and we ended up all trying it. Not to brag or anything :o) but of 15 balls--I hit 15! Yep, I knocked every single one of them out-of-the-park! It felt good to not make a fool of myself! Grant also did very well and was impressing all the people there! For a tiny little 4-yr-old--the boy has got an arm! I really think baseball might be "his thing." Every person that pitches to him is totally amazed. Brooklyn also gave it a shot and was doing pretty well herself until she popped one up into the air and it came right back down and hit her in the cheek! She threw her bat down and started crying. Poor thing. I think she was more embarrased than hurt (the place was FULL of young boys!) She covered her head with my jacket for the remainder of our time there and when I pulled it up to check on her she said "I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE MOM!" Ohh...that young innocence!
After batting, we went bowling! Nothing like packing all the fun things to do into one day! ha ha
Next it was time for lunch. STUPIDLY we opted to go out to eat AGAIN and chose a Mexican place this time. Besides all the money we'd spent on food already....the last thing we needed to do was eat 10 bowls of tortilla chips while waiting on our food to arrive...but we nearly did. Thankfully all I ordered was a little house salad with the dressing on the side.
So...that was Friday.

Saturday, Valentines Day, I got up and went to the gym for my kickboxing, zumba and ab classes. It felt great to be sweating and working off some of that gunk that I'd eaten the past couple of days. After I got home and showered, my mom kept the kids and Matt took me to a surprise place for lunch. I had NO IDEA where were were going until we pulled up into the parking lot of the new Dave & Buster's. I didn't even know it was open. It was a fun surprise and I had the yummiest food! I ordered a turkey BLT panini. (turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and avacado on whole wheat bread, grilled and I substituted fresh steamed veggies on the side instead of the fries). We ordered a small order of cheese fries for appetizer so I didn't need fries again. I ended up only eating half and saving the other half for later. Anyway, after we ate, we shopped around and I got some really cute new gym shorts (just what I wanted!). We found him a really cool pair of shoes (just what he wanted). Then we ended the night at Baskin Robbins having wonderful, intimate conversation over ice-cream sundaes!

Sunday, no working out at all. A guy Matt works with and his family decided to attend church with us. I had never met them and we really didn't have much of an opportunity to visit at church, so we asked them to eat out with us afterwards. (eating out AGAIN! AUGH!) We went to one of my favorite resturants and I ordered my usual bowl of tortilla soup. I would have done pretty good except Grant didn't eat very much of his meal (chicken and fries) so I picked at it and got really full. I was super-super-super busy all the rest of Sunday doing extra work for the dr. office so I had no time for anything but sitting at this computer and working. NOT a fun day...but good for the bank account.

Monday, yesterday, cleaned house most of the day and went grocery shopping. When Matt got home from work we did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and promised each other we would do ab ripper after dinner. Ya right. We had such good intentions...but I ended up falling asleep on the couch at about 8:45 while watching last weeks Biggest Loser. Apparently it was on Sunday night from midnight till 2 am...and my DVR recorded it--so I finally got to see it afterall!! YAY!
We had a yummy dinner of turkey spaghetti with ceasar salad pizza on the side.

Okay, I think that brings us back up to date. I will update again tonight with today's info. Now I'm off to go read all of your blogs! I feel like I've been away forever!!

4 comments:

Trav and Jess P90X said...

When my wife and I are were visiting family in Missouri we ate at Lamberts and I got nailed in the chest by a flying greasy bun, and being that we had just come from church...it ended up ruining my favorite blue shirt!!

I would gladly go back there again, but I would probably have to don a rain poncho or something :)

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Wow! Ya'll know how to live it up even when you only go away for a night! Glad you had a great time!

KC said...

WOW! It sounds like yall had a wonderful time. How FUN!
It feels so good to get back to your normal routine though doesn't it.

Amy said...

What a fun time you had! Gotta love that!
Did you know I DO read this blog too? For some reason I just haven't gotten around to commenting. Mostly because I feel bad about my not-so-great eating habits and absolutely ZERO working out. More like vegging out here. :) But you are such an inspiration to me!
I love your attitude and perserverence. After the baby is born I'll have to get serious about my exercise again. Right now I should probably start just by getting off my couch once in a while! :)