Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 25, 26 and 27

So, Friday was Day 25--and I did nothing. No exercise whatsoever. It was a super busy day and there wasn't an opportunity to get in a work out of any kind unless I had done it at 5 am or at 10 pm. Literally, I was gone from the house from 7:30 am until 10 pm! I had a dentist appt. first thing in the morning to get a cavity filled. It's the craziest thing. I go get my teeth cleaned every 6 months and everything is always perfect. Then all of a sudden I have this very bad, very deep cavity that "almost needs a root canal" according to my dentist. Crazy. Anyway, I got the filling which took about 2 hours and then a couple of hours later when the anesthesia wore off....Oh My Gosh! I was HuRtInG! Thankfully I had some Fioricet (for headaches) that I could take and that helped some. I eventually decided that I was going to tough it out through the night and then if it wasn't better by Saturday morning, I'd call the dentist. (who happens to be a personal friend of ours who is also doing P90x!!) Anyway, I woke up on Saturday morning feeling about 85% better. Yay! So...off to the gym I went. (Ya, Kandy, I decided against doing the 5K race this time). I did my "normal" 1 hour of kick boxing, 45 min of Zumba and 15 min. of abs...but I burned a RECORD number of calories this time--1,001!!! I think it was because of the outrageous humidity. Our weather went from being in the 40's to being in the 70's almost overnight and it was HOT in the gym. I was sweating before class even began! Anyway, as you can see...I took a picture of my HRM for you all. I had to have proof to show you! This was all burned in 2 hours and 4 minutes! Yippee!
I am typing this on Sunday afternoon. I just got home from church (teaching the 5-yr olds) and lunch at Lone Star where I had a chicken sandwich. My tooth is hurting again and I have a headache. We are about to take the kids to the park for a little running around and I'm gonna pop a couple of Tylenol and take my Womens Health magazine to browse through while they're playing. Hopefully, I'll feel better by the time we get back home and I will do Core. I am SO excited about starting Phase 2 tomorrow. I am printing out a schedule for the next 62 days and posting it right next to the DVD player so we can see exactly how far we've got left to go and what is coming up next. I really think having this in front of us will be a great motivation. Every day that we complete our workouts, we can check off that day and see how we are doing. I know for myself---I can't STAND to miss a day when I've got a streak going. :o)
I hope the rest of you all are doing good and sticking to your work outs and clean, healthy eating???? Kate...are you feeling better yet? Kandy, are you still training and eating good? Christina--do you do all 25 Fifer scissors without a rest? Demi-Almost time for your vacation! I bet you're ready! How's the vegetarian life going?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hiya Jen - I'm still recouping, thanks for asking. Been on the couch from Thursday-Sunday :( No workouts in two weeks, except for one 3-mile run - just trying to get myself better, that's all. I'll be back in the game soon, I hope. Just want to make sure this bug is gone before I push myself. How you doing on your V-Day goal? Needless to say, w/o working out these past two weeks, I'm not too close. Once I get back in training I'll be there soon!

KC said...

Jen, that is an AWESOME calorie burn! WOW! Congratulations!

I'm still doing my training. I skipped out on Saturday's workout, because we had family visiting. But I did run my 4 miles yesterday. :) Today is strength training.

My eating was great all week, except that I ate pizza Friday night, and then an Apple Fritter Saturday morning. I felt so guilty and tired...it's amazing the difference your food choices can make in how you feel physically. When I am eating clean, and avoiding processed foods, I feel amazing. When I have a cheat meal, I feel tired and moody. Great incentive to not cheat to often huh. :)

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Hey there... Thanks for asking about me! You've really been a calorie burning machine lately! I think the calendar idea is awesome and I may just borrow you're idea. It would feel nice to physically see where you've been and how much farther you have to go. Great idea! Yes, still doing the Fifer scissors all the way through. 50 Mason twists is also the norm and I think i can actually push to do more but I'm so ready to be done, I just quit. Anyway, I'm just a tiny bit discouraged with my weight loss. I've lost 9lbs and have 5 more to go but it's coming off agonizingly slow. I am eating ultra clean and haven't cheated ONCE! Honestly, not once. Ugh. It's just frustrating but I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and it will take care of itself I suppose.