Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 43

God Bless the designers at American Eagle. The new "boy fit" line they have come out with for this Spring fits me in a size 4. FOUR!!! Yah, I know---It's a false sense of achievement. I know I really wear a 6. But hey...anytime I can squeeze my booty into a 4, I'm a happy girl---no matter WHY it fits. Sadly, I wasn't crazy about the high-waistedness of the "boy fit" so I passed on buying any. Apparently--according to the sales girl they're meant to be worn in a "sag like a guy" which is why they run a little bigger and are a little higher waisted. Whatever. If I wanted the crotch of my pants to be hanging around my knees, I'd just borrow a pair of Matt's old jeans!
Anywho...I have had a fabulously succesful day so far. Demi sent me a wonderful note this morning that gave me an idea. I am going to start replacing lunch with a protein shake. I can't skip my breakfast and I can't skip my dinners...so lunch was the only feasible option for skippng. Today was my first day and I feel great! I had my shake at about noon and then I had a Pure protein bar (180 cal) and a small banana at 3:00.
I went to the gym this morning for my normal ball/core class and then 45 min. of Zumba. Just now Matt and I finished Core Syn. In all, I burned 853 calories today. I think if I can keep that up and substitute the shakes for my lunches...I could be on the way to my goal weight! Yay!
Of course..there is always a speedbump in the road. We are leaving in a couple of minutes to go to my parents house for dinner. I will really have to be careful of what I eat so I don't mess up all my hard work today. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You will totally be fine! You're hard, dedicated fit gal!

I did my body fat using a tape measure..which I heard isn't as accurate as using calipers. I just ordered some calipers on BB, so hopefully they're somewhat accurate, I would hate to be dissapointed, lol. If you type in google "measure body fat online" there are actual calculators if you have a tape measure or calipers.

p.s. before I go out to family or friend dinners, I ALWAYS have a lo-cal protein shake. It will satiate me so I don't go overboard. Serve your portions on a small plate, so it will look full to whoever did the cooking, so they'll feel good too :).

Unknown said...

OH-and I totally think you can still do WOWY without being a member..I'm not a 'FULL' member, even though I'm a coach, there are still places I can't go on the site..i.e. tony's corner, stuff like that. Which doesn't really bother me, I just want to do the WOWY! So, yes, you can create a free, regular account and still do WOWY.

KC said...

Good Job Jen! You're definitely on the right track.
There are a lot of days, when I'm out working, that I only have a protein bar as my lunch. Or if I'm at home I will have a protein shake in place of either breakfast or lunch. It really does make a big difference.

KC said...

oh, and congrats on the size 4!!!!!