Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

TurboFire EATING

Posted by me on Facebook last week: I hate it when people say "I tried P90X and it didn't really work". And then I ask them if they followed the nutrition plan and they say "no, but I did the workouts." If you ONLY did the nutrition part but didn't do the workouts, would you say you "did it" ? NO, of course not...so don't say you "did it" if you neglected the nutrition aspect of it. It takes BOTH.

So, in an attempt to NOT be a hypocrite :), I am going to actually start following the nutrition plan that came with my TurboFire workout.
You'll notice, that I am substituting Shakeology for my lunch everyday. I won't do this on the weekend because I want to be able to eat with my family. I am hoping that by adhering to this meal plan very strictly during the week and trying to stay "in control" but not overly strict on the weekends will still allow me to lose around a pound a week.
I thought I'd post my meal plan on here, because in the past, a lot of you have mentioned that you enjoy following these with me.

Monday:
B: Guiltless Egg Sandwich*
S: Apple with 1 tbsp. almond butter
L: Shakeology
S: Banana and 10 raw whole almonds
D: Herb-Roasted Chicken, mashed cauliflower*

Tuesday:
B: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal*
S: Celery with 1 tbsp. peanut butter
L: Shakeology
S: Banana and 10 raw whole almonds
D: Grilled Lemon Salmon, candied carrots*

Wednesday:
B: Fruit & Nut Muffin*
S: Apple with 1 tbsp. almond butter
L: Shakeology
S: Banana and 10 raw whole almonds
D: Panko-crusted Chicken, simple spinach salad*

Thursday:
B: Oatmeal w/ banana
S: Celery with 1 tbsp. peanut butter
L: Shakeology
S: String cheese, apple
D: Sneaky Turkey Spaghetti, green salad*

Friday:
B: Guiltless Egg Sandwich
S: Apple with 1 tbsp. almond butter
L: Shakeology
S: Banana and 10 raw whole almonds
D: Island Pork Tenderloin & steamed asparagus

Recipes:
Guitless Egg Sandwich
1 whole wheat english muffin
2 egg whites
2 turkey sausage links (approx. 60 cal/each)
1 slice low-fat cheddar cheese

Herb-roasted Chicken
1 whole chicken, approx. 3 lbs.
2 tbsp. dried herbs
1/2 lemon, juice
butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray
salt & pepper
~Roast chicken in oven with herbs, lemon juice and spray on it.

Candied Carrots
8 c. shredded carrots
4 tbsp. honey
~Steam carrots, add honey and stir until coated.

Fruit & Nut Muffin
1 whole wheat english muffin
1 tbsp. nut butter
1 tbsp. fruit preserves

Panko-crusted Chicken
8 5-0z skinless boneless chicken breasts
3/4 c. Panko (Japanese style bread crumbs)
1/4 c. dijon mustard
1/2 c. non-fat plain yogurt
2 tbsp. sesame oil
3 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tbsp. dried parsley
~Wash chicken breasts, pat dry with a paper towel and set aside. In a large bowl, wisk together mustard, crushed garlic, yogurt and sesame oil. In a sperate bowl, mix parsley with panko. Dip chicken into mustard mixture and then roll it into bread crumbs. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray and bake it at 475 degrees for 20 minutes or until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Then use a meat thermometer to test chicken or pierce the thicker portion to make sure juices run clear. Serve with Dijon sauce.

Dijon Sauce
1/4 dijon mustard
1/4 c. non-fat yogurt
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
~Combine all ingredients. To serve, place a dollop of sauce over each chicken breast.

Simple Spinach Salad
4 c. spinach
1/2 tbsp. balsalmic vinegar
1/2. tbsp. olive oil
medium tomato
medium cucumber, sliced
~Combine all ingredients, toss

Sneaky Turkey Spaghetti
Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
Lean ground turkey
Sugar-free organic spaghetti sauce
diced zuchiini
shredded carrots
~Brown meat and season with italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Add sauce, and veggies and cook until veggies are tender. Serve over cooked noodles

To find recipe for Island Pork Tenderloin, just type it in under "search this blog" and you'll find it! :) YUMMY!

3 comments:

*Ashley Lou* said...

LOVE all this! YUMMY!

byn always said...

Sounds yummy:) You can do it!

Midorimi said...

Hello, I just found your blog when I was searching for Turbo Fire reviews. I just ordered a copy and hope to receive next week. I noticed you did the P90x as well, more power to you! :-)

I was wondering if you happen to know a sub for that expensive Shakeology drink.

Good luck!