Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

More of Him, Less of Me

The theme for 2011 in my house "More of Him, Less of Me"
I am taking the verse "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God" literally and have begun (yet again) having my morning devotional time with the Lord FIRST thing in the morning. Before anything else.....I need to be reminded whose I am...and what I've been given...and what my purpose is.....THEN....I can do my day.
I've recently learned something that has been in front of my face all my life, but until now, I've never understood it like this. There is a lot of detail I could explain, but to make it short and sweet...I've come to realize how CRUCIAL Holy Communion is to our lives. We all know that it is the blood of Jesus that was shed on the cross that forgives our sins, but it is the body that was broken that heals our bodies. Jesus told us to "Do this in rememberance of Me" as we take it...but usually I've always been directed to "examine myself" at which time I usually conclude that I am SO UNWORTHY of the sacrifice that was made for me (Jesus' life).
Anyway, that is not what this is talking about....Jesus doesn't want us thinking about all of our sins or "issues" as we eat His "body" and drink His "blood", He wants us to remember what He took on His perfect self so that dirty, sinful, unworthy US could be forgiven, healed and saved. He took our sins and gave us forgivness and rightousness...but He also took our sickness, weakness and pain so that we could have HIS perfect health. (full of energy, vibrance and wellness!) WOW! Now as we eat the cracker/drink the juice---I imagine (and have the kids do this too) seeing all the "dirty, yucky stuff" just rolling right off of us as we consume the precious body and blood of Jesus and then we visualize ourselves "fresh, clean and pure white"-like Jesus.
He encourages us to "do this often"....so, we, in our family, have chosen to spend a few moments each day remembering what Jesus did for us and believing in faith that we have been made blameless and sinless, healthy and whole just as Christ was (and is) when He went to the cross. What am amazing blessing that is going to bring into our lives as we look not at ourselves to determine our value, worth or success, but upon the ONE who gives us all good gifts! I'm very excited about this, if you couldn't tell! :)
Btw...if you want to know more about what I'm talking about, you can go to www.destined2reign.com and search for "Health and Wholeness through the Holy Communion". I HIGHLY recommend it.

I don't normally write out New Year's Resolutions...but this year I decided to make a few.
1. Daily time/communion with God.
2. Spend more time visiting with family.
3. Daily devotions with the kids at night.
4. Health-ful eating and regular exercise, of course! :)

One of my favorite quotes (regarding parenting) (but I don't know who said it) is "Every day that you feed them, you're teaching them how to eat."
For years, I had that posted on my fridge...and would still now except that the paper became so tattered and torn that I finally took it down. It's such a wonderful thing to remember when you have small children in the house!

Today, Matt and I started Day 1 of P90X again. Ha Ha Ha! Who knows WHAT that means...beyond that we worked out today. :)
I have a LOT of subbing at the gym already on my calendar for this month, so that makes sticking to a 90 day program at home very confusing and hard. I refuse to let exercise take over my life :)

Anyhow, that's what's up with me today---on January 1st, 2011. I hope you had a great Christmas and enjoyed a safe New Years Eve/Day!

I finally went out and spent my $100 from the challenge and got myself a ROCKIN' new pair of Big Star jeans that are stinking ADORABLE! I had wanted a pair of Miss Me with a sparkly cross on the back pockets, but I guess they don't make them like that anymore. :( It's okay though because LOOOOVE the ones I found! I'll take a pic when I wear them and show you! :)

No comments: