Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Days 10-14 and MEAL PLAN

Blah..I haven't been doing good at keeping this blog updated. Here is a quick rundown of the last 5 days:
Wednesday: Did Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper.
Thursday: Taught boot camp/weights class at the gym in lieu of YogaX.
Friday: Was supposed to be Back & Legs. Since I had just worked legs really heavy on Thursday (and abs) I decided to just do some back exercises on my own and a few leg things rather than doing the actual dvd. I also cleaned house for about 6 hours straight.
Saturday: Had a meeting at church at 9 am so I went to that and then afterwards hit the gym for an hour long Zumba class.
Sunday: Did nothing in the way of exercise...but did have a serious talk with Matt about my weight/eating habits. Decided to sit down and write out a meal plan for this week (like I used to in the good old days) and then went to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart and purchased $150 worth of produce, whole grains, protein bars, lean turkey, fish, greek yogurt, almonds, etc.
Since it will help hold me accountable AND some of you have expressed that you like me to post my meal plans, I am going to type it all out on here. Sorry it's sort of long and boring...but if you're struggling with eating healthy...you might benefit from copying this plan and trying it. For my portions, I typically eat 4 oz. of meat and 1/2-1 c. servings of veggies. For Matt, since he is not wanting to lose any more weight, I give him about twice as much meat, the same veggies and I sometimes add in an extra carb. (for instance, he has toast with his breakfast and I don't).
I'm trying to stick to around 1, 500 calories a day. Normally I would aim for more like 1,200 when I'm trying to lose weight...but I know that I am doing a lot of exercising right now and I need more than that to keep my energy/protein/fiber levels up. :o)
Matt's diet is around 3,000 calories a day.

Monday:
Breakfast:
Me: Veggie omelet (peppers, onions, tomatoes, egg whites), 1 slice turkey bacon.
Matt: Veggie omelet (peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggs, cheese), 2 turkey bacon, 1 WW toast.
Snack: String cheese; small apple
Lunch:
Me: Chef Salad (romaine, spring mix, spinach, turkey, cheese, tomatoes, bell pepper), light dressing, 1/2 c. yogurt mixed with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
Matt: Chef Salad as above but with croutons, more turkey and cheese and 8 Ritz crackers, 1/2 c. yogurt (no berries).
Snack: 10 whole natural almonds, small banana
Dinner: Marinated grilled chicken breast, brown rice, asparagus, salad

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Kashi oatmeal (Matt will have toast with his).
Snack: WW tortilla with 1/2 banana, slivered almonds and natural peanut butter all rolled up.
Lunch:
Me: Open faced (1 bread) Tuna sandwich, bell pepper strips, apple.
Matt: Tuna sandwich (2 bread and more tuna than me) , bell pepper strips, apple.
Snack: Protein bar
Dinner: Taco Soup (I can post recipe if anyone wants. It is very healthy as long as you eat it withOUT tortilla chips, gobs of shredded cheese and sour cream.) Matt will probably have the chips, cheese and sc....I won't.

Wednesday:
Breakfast:
Me: Spinach scramble (egg whites mixed w/ fresh spinach leaves & FF mozerella), turkey bacon
Matt: Spinach scramble (whole eggs mixed w/ fresh spinach leaves & FF mozerella), 2 turkey bacon, 1 WW toast
Snack: String cheese, small apple
Lunch: Turkey sandwich (me: 1 bread), pepper strips, 1/2 c. yogurt w/ berries.
Snack: 10 Almonds, small banana (Matt takes about 20 almonds)
Dinner: Turkey meatloaf, baked potato, green beans, salad

Thursday:
Breakfast: Veggie & spinach omelet, turkey bacon (Matt will have 2 bacon, toast and cheese)
Snack: Peanut Butter, almond, 1/2 banana roll up (in whole wheat tortilla)
Lunch:
Me: Left over meatloaf, green beans, salad
Matt: Turkey sandwich, chips (?)
Snack: Protein bar, small apple
Dinner: Baked flounder, broccoli soup, baked sweet potato, salad

Friday:
Breakfast: Triple Berry Pancakes, turkey sausage (Matt will have regular syrup, I will have Sugar Free. He'll have 3 sausage links, I'll have 1 or 2)
Snack: Apple, almonds
Lunch: Chicken Ranch Roll up, pepper strips, 1/2 c. yogurt w/ berries.
Snack: Protein bar
Dinner: Grilled turkey burgers, P90X coleslaw, vegetarian beans.

By the way: No soda to drink. Tea or water. We will have 1 cup of coffee in the mornings. Also, in the evenings if we get hungry, we may share a protein shake around 7 or 8 pm. (We eat dinner pretty early--usually around 5:30).

As for workouts:
Monday: (today) Chest & Back and Ab Ripper.
Tuesday: Classes at the gym (weights and boot camp)
Wednesday: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper
Thursday: Either Yoga X or Cardio X or Plyo X...not sure??
Friday: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper
Saturday: Either go to gym for kickboxing and zumba or I'll do Plyo X.

No comments: