Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, September 6, 2010

can I admit

out loud to everyone that I am totally TICKED OFF about having to do a workout today? First of all...I'm just irritated today anyway. It's Labor Day and it should be a day OFF from the norm, right? But it hasn't been. It's been a boring, lazy, blah day and all I've done is cook, wash dishes, do laundry, do my work, clean up, pay bills, etc. BLAH! Then on top of it, I feel zapped of any energy. I'm pretty sure that is mostly due to a lack of having something to do. Sitting around trying to figure out what we might want to do ALL DAY LONG but not actually doing anything is one of my LEAST favorite things in the WORLD. It's like I wake up thinking "woohoo! we have a whole day to do anything we want" and instead of actually doing anything, we WASTE the entire day trying to think of something and before we know it, the day is over and we're going to bed having done nothing. Yep, that's how this day is playing out.
And I know I'm being a whiny baby...but I am really SICK of doing workouts at home all by myself (Matt's just not into it right now) and the kids act like they're irritated that I'm doing it. "mom...do you HAVE to do that? ugh!"
Furthermore...whether I work out or not, I am not losing any weight! That makes me want to scream and punch something! I know it's the dad-gum food intake that's killing me but I'm also SICK and tired of trying to cook something healthy that everyone in the house won't complain about. I can already tell from doing P90X for one week that my muscle tone is looking better (awesome)...but I don't think I've lost a pound. (which shouldn't be a big surprise seeing as how I've had like 3 cheat days in the past 7 days!).
Okay, I am seriously having a big pity party and I know it. I need to get up from here and get some endorphins pumping.
C-ya!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So for the record, I got up from the computer after typing this post, immediately put in the P90X Chest & Back DVD and did the whole thing including Ab Ripper X. I wish I could say that I was in a much better mood afterwards...but I wasn't. (which is why I changed my status on Facebook to say "Can I use a margarita as my recovery drink?"
HAHA
No, I didn't have a margarita but I sure was in a pissy mood. yuk. I hate that.
Especially because I KNOW THAT I KNOW THAT I KNOW that when I'm feeling like that...the thing I need more than ANYTHING in the WORLD..is to lock myself in my room for a few minutes and have some time with God. DUH! Why is that so hard to actually DO?
Anyway...I was/am glad I did my workout and didn't skip.

KC said...

Good Job Girl! I'm glad you got your workout in anyway.
We are all allowed to have a bad day...you can vent to me anytime! :)
Love ya!