Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Weight & Measurements

So, like I said, I was going to weigh and take my "before" measurements and post them. Blah! I did it..and I'm not happy...but this is OBVIOUSLY why I'm getting back to eating right and working out again, so at LEAST I'm not just sitting here being depressed, but doing something about it!

So...my weight was 141.6. AUGH! Last year at this time, I was at around 134...so that means I've put on about 7 pounds. (no WONDER why none of my pants fit!)
Here are my measurements (which I know is very boring reading...but it helps me to have a posted list of them so I can check my progress)
Waist (at bellybutton): 32
Chest (around largest part of boobs):35
Right and left thigh (around largest part of leg-about 1 inch from crotch): 23
Right bicep (not flexed): 11
Right bicep (flexed): 12
Left bicep (not flexed): 11 1/2
Left bicep (flexed: 12

I took "before" pictures for you...but I canNOT get blogger to let me upload any images!?! When I click on the "image" button...nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

So far I've been doing good. Worked out at the gym on Thursday, did P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps yesterday. We went out for dinner and I ordered grilled Salmon and steamed veggies! Yay! Did have some low-fat frozen yogurt after the movie last night, but not too much, so no guilt. Today I got up and went to kickboxing, Zumba and abs at the gym so I feel like I'm off to a great start!

The overall goal is to workout daily, eat healthy and fit back into my jeans by winter! :o)
I'll try using Picasa to post the pix.

2 comments:

Rene' said...

u are on your way, I can tell you're outlook is changing and that's the most important thing in staying on track and doing well. way to go! (ps I commented back to u on the running blog, don't know if u are set up to see replies or not) :)

KC said...

Good Job Jen! You'll be looking back on these numbers and seeing a big difference very soon. You go Girl!