Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 2

I got a call this morning to see if I could teach the class before mine at the gym...so that meant that I taught a 45 minute pump (weights) class and then a 45 minute (cardio) boot camp class. I had full intentions of coming home and doing P90X Plyometrics afterwards...but to be honest, I was so physically spent and exhausted after those 2 classes PLUS sore as HECK from Chest & Back/Ab Ripper from the day before, that I decided to let myself off the hook. Honestly, trying to do 3 workouts in one day is a bit much anyway...so the classes I taught at the gym yesterday will serve as my Day 2 workout.
Eating wasn't great today ...but I knew that would be--even before the day got here. I had already made plans to have Rene over for her birthday for lunch and an afternoon cookie-baking-session. We had grilled chicken salad for lunch (YUM! and very good) but then I made a whole batch of White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut cookies and she made a whole batch of Walnut Chocolate Chip cookies. We each ate one of each. Now cookies are not on my "P90X Nutrition Plan" BUT....only having 2 is quite a victory, so I'm not gonna get all freaked out about it.
I made a very healthy dinner of grilled turkey tenderloin, baked sweet potato fries, salad and broccoli soup.
In all, I guesstimate that I had about 1300 calories today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen -

Good to see you are back on the circut! Being accountable is the only way to go. Keep the posts coming. I will be rooting you on!

Steve

Rene' said...

u ate less cookies than I did that's for sure!