Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Feel free to eavesdrop on this conversation:

This is what happens when you buy or get P90X or any of Beachbody's workouts 2nd hand (from either a friend who copied them or from e-bay, etc.):

To me from a friend:
I cant go by the schedule you gave me b/c i dont even have half the workouts......the dvd that is working has the stretch, the abs, the cardio, the core synergenics, the shoulders, and chest and back and arms. I didnt do anything yesterday either (sunday) and that is strictly b/c i just did not have time at all, we had way too many events and i didnt get everything done that needed to be....so i figure until i can get the 2nd dvd again from my friend, i will continue to go to my body sculpting class. So i still want to report to you but as far as doing the complete workout i am screwed on that right now.

My answer back:
About the workouts, I know money is probably the issue...but it would be SO MUCH BETTER if you could just buy the P90X yourself. If you're going to go to all the trouble or work to actually be committed to it for 90 days, it would be so much better if you had the set yourself and all the stuff that goes with it. When you buy it, you get the workout guide (a big spiral bound book), the nutrition guide, the workout calander that you cross off each day you do your workout, the workout sheets (where you write down your weights/reps for each exercise) plus all the individual DVD's in a neat little "book". It also comes with a "How to Bring It" DVD. You also get a free membership to Team Beachbody (not the free membership you already have) but the one that allows you access to EVERYTHING on the site...which is GOBS of recipes and "how-to" videos that show you how to cook the recipes as well as Trainer Tips which show you ways to do the exercises correctly, etc.
Anyway, if you can't afford it, I totally understand...but you might think about saving up to buy it for yourself. Now that you've seen what the workouts are like, you can judge if this is something you'll actually do and have good results with. (which it IS).Your plan for doing the workouts that you have and going to your body sculpt class sounds good for now, until you can get the whole set of workouts.Just try to get into a regular routine of exercising daily and eating from the nutrition guide and then when you do really start the program for your official "90 Days" you'll already have a great headstart. Listen, I understand that in the REAL WORLD...not everyone can workout for an hour+ EVERY SINGLE DAY. We have lives and we are not actors who get PAID to do this stuff and look like supermodels. I undestand needing to skip a day (like Easter) because of a jam-packed schedule. The PROBLEM is when someone skips a day and then another and then another and then the next thing you know...it's been a week. If I had to skip a day, then I made that my "rest" day and I made up the workout on my normal "rest" day. okay, I hope some of that helps you. Holler at me ANYTIME you have any questions!!!You're doing great momma! You can only do so much and your family and your kids come FIRST. What makes me different from some other coaches is that I will push you to workout hard and be the best that you can...but I will not tell you to sacrifice your marraige or your family so that you can have a size 2 waist and enormous biceps (which a lot of other people actually do). We are on this earth first and foremost to serve God and fulfill HIS calling for our lives..then we take care of our families and our marriages...and THEN we focus some of our time/energy on looking good/being fit!:o)
Love ya!
P90XOXO!
Jen

2 comments:

Lori Allberry said...

Jen - that was AWESOME advice, I could not agree MORE with everything you said! =)

♥Lori

Brent said...

Just ran across your blog through a friend on Facebook. I'm also a BeachBody coach and starting Insanity next week, after I finish up this round of P90x (ahh...final recovery week). So excited to start Insanity!