Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Running and Biking!?!?!?!

Saturday morning, Grant and I got up and went over to our friend Rene's house to do a little practice 5K run (our real 5K is next Saturday). It was the PERFECT weather and she lives in a cute little neighborhood where the streets aren't very busy and we could enjoy a peaceful walk/run. We ended up doing about 3.3 miles and it was great--except for the fact that Grant gave up running after about 1/2 a mile! I really thought he was going to out-run ME...but he was saying "I'm so tired" "My legs hurt" "I'm hot", etc....almost immediately! I ended up carrying him on my shoulders for the last half mile or more. That doesn't make me very excited about the Grace Race next weekend...but oh well...I guess we'll just do our best and see what happens. What was a big bummer is that I am feeling really really good lately and feel like I could probably do a pretty good time--if I didn't have to wait on him. BUT....even more important to that is encouraging him and staying with him...so I am going to try really hard not to get impatient with him at the race. :o) (maybe I'll slip a shot of espresso into his chocolate milk the morning before we start running! ha ha)
On Sunday, on a whim, Rene called me to see if I wanted to go BIKE RIDING with her! AUGH! I went...but I haven't been on a bike in YEARS and I was nervous! Plus, she and her hubby are very tall and I am wayyy short...so I had a hard time even being able to get on their bikes...but she was able to lower the seat of her bike enough that I could at least hop up there. :o) We went down to a trail that is pretty hilly. It was so fun! We did 8 miles--and could have/would have done more but we told our husbands that we'd only be gone for around an hour so we had to stop. I am definitely putting a set of bikes on my "wish list". What a fun thing for Matt and I to do on a date instead of always sitting on our butts at the movie theatre!
Today it's back to Insanity and I'm totally looking forward to it! (in a weird, scared kind of way! ha ha)
I also told Grant that I would take him out to a trail near our house so I can run while he rides his bike today...so I should be getting in PLENTY of exercise throughout this day! I will weigh in later on and see if I lost any weight during my first week of Insanity and then I'll let y'all know!
Keeping my fingers crossed! :o) (PLEASE scale...give me at least a 1 pound loss!!!)

2 comments:

Lori Allberry said...

Jen! You AMAZE me! Seriously!
You are doing a 5K? I honestly don't think I could ever, ever, ever do that!
The biking? Well, I honestly don't know if I could go that far, but I do love riding my bike! So how short are you? I didn't picture you to be short?

You CAN and WILL get Grant through this run, I just KNOW it! And just think - just imagine - the satisfaction you will feel when you not only complete the race YOURSELF, but also, when you get Grant through it as well! Double Gold Stars for you my dear! =)

♥Lori

Rene' said...

hey, glad u had fun and thanks for the shout out ;) I had such a good time riding, I want to go every day now, but each time I get on it my tush is sore.(feels fine unless I'm back on the bike ha ha) oh well, got to work back into it for the summer. A date ride is a great idea, I never thought of that, I always just think of a movie and dinner. I should try that and see if Dan will go for it. ;)