Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Still doing it...

Just a quick update to let you all know that I am still "pushing play" on Insanity every day. It's been a bit of a struggle this week (sooo busy) and next week is going to be WAY worse because I am working at the kid's school almost every day in addition to having softball/baseball games almost every night. Then the next week is Grant's birthday and Brooklyn's "Student of the Month" luncheon/festivities at school.
On top of that crazy schedule, I have poison ivy on my right arm and the INSANE amounts of sweat I produce during Insanity (in a house that is around 80 degrees b/c we refuse to turn the A/C on yet) makes the rash WAY itchier. Basically I'd like to claw my arm off after about 5 minutes. Ugh!
I had a great workout at the gym Tuesday with my peeps! They got new weights (yay!) but silly me...rather than loading up my bar with what I normally use, I decided to just grab a bar that someone had already loaded up and left laying there. It was 35 pounds total, which is about 5 pounds more than I usually lift on the bar. No biggie right? WRONG! When doing about 100 bicep curls that was TOO much weight...I was struggling big time...but I just did as many as I could, rested for a second and then hopped back in. It felt G.R.E.A.T!!! to be lifting again and feeling that intense BURN in my muscles!
As much as I am INFATUATED with Insanity...I do miss my P90X strength-training workouts. I am really looking forward to getting back to them after this round of Insanity and I think by then Matt will be ready to join me again. He broke a rib about a month ago and has been in "recovery" mode since then...but he mentioned to me the other day that he's really anxious to start working out again. Woohoo! It's always so much more fun and motivating when your partner does the workouts with you!
Well guys, that's about it for now. I will weigh in on Monday and see if I've dropped any more weight. Right now I am 11 pounds from my goal. How about you? How far from your goal are you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am about 25 lbs away from my goal. I just finished 60 days of a P90/Turbo Jam combination. I am now on Day 5 of P90X. It's a much better workout. The P90 had become way to easy and repetitive. LOVE P90X, I am already obsessed. I plan everything around it, and make sure I press play every day. I had a baby in Nov, 33 lbs lost so far. YES!!!!

KC said...

I'm only 2 lbs away from where I was "before the holidays/winter", but due to running so much more now and having more muscle, I'm okay with that. But I am about 9-11 lbs away from my actual summer "goal" weight.

Kate said...

Good for you! I'm so proud of you!!!

Can't wait to get cleared and back into workout mode - I miss it soooooooo much!

Rene' said...

I can't believe its been so long since I checked these. sorry