Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

P90X/D5/R3

Friday's are always tough. It seems like I have a million things I want to get done 'before the weekend' and the workout seems to get pushed to the bottom of the list. This time since I knew we were having friends over for dinner at 6:30, I was busy cleaning house and preparing food and I saved the workout to do until Matt got home at 4:30. I had it all planned out in my head that we would workout immediately when he got home at 4:30. Get finished at 5:30 and get right into the shower and be ready by 6 so we could start cooking the food.
Ha!
If there were no traffic/kids/animals/phone to deal with, that maybe could have happened, but as it was, we didn't get started on the workout until 5. It was 5:55 when I got in the shower and I think I had been in the kitchen for maybe 30 seconds when our company rang the doorbell! Whew!
Today's workout was Legs & Back and I thoroughly enjoyed that routine this time. Not that it was easy by any means, but I have pretty strong legs and I felt like I got a great workout and did a great job at it. The pull ups on the other hand...ugh. Our workout room is upstairs but our pullup bar is downstairs, so we have to run UP and DOWN over and over throughout these videos. I figured it would be great--an extra little cardio boost every so often. What it ends up being is me doing pullups as FAST as I can and then running up the stairs 2 at a time to get up there in time for the next exercise with my heart POUNDING. If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I could have paused it, but there wasn't time.
Anyway, eating started out o.k. and then got worse and worse as the day/night wore on.
We had the above pancakes for breakfast.
I had apples, grapes and pistachios for lunch.
I ate a turkey sandwhich (2 slices of whole wheat light bread, mustard, turkey) at around 3.
For dinner we had grilled turkey tenderloin, fried squash & zucchini, sweet potato fries and rolls.
Then at like 11:30 pm--while playing cards and getting sleepy--we ate dessert to celebrate our friend's b-day and had low-fat brownies with vanilla icecream, fresh sliced strawberries and hot fudge sauce! EEEEEeeeeek!
We ended up staying up till 1 am! That is a record for me. I don't think I've been up that late in YEARS! Whew!
Matt and I both went to bed saying, "WHY did we eat like that???" I had already made up my mind (earlier in the day) that this was going to be a cheat day for me. But, I did regret it later. I could have at LEAST done without the fried veggies and the dessert. Oh well...I'll do better next time.
**I just want to say to those of you who are doing P90X for the first time and are thinking to yourself that maybe it's not so bad to cheat since I keep doing it---don't do it!
When we did P90X the first time, I NEVER would have cheated like I did yesterday. I also had a lot more weight to lose then,than I do now. I probably won't get very good results if I keep cheating on my eating like this. You guys who are doing this for the first time really need to be STRICT about your eating. Once you reach your goal weight, you'll be able to have "cheat" days like me occasionally and it won't affect you too much...but right now you have to stay focused and keep your eye on the goal! I hope that doesn't sound hypocritical of me..I'm just tryin' to keep it real!

1 comment:

Dee said...

I needed to hear all of this. I have been cheating badly. I am not eating sweets, but I continue to have an occasional Dr. Pepper, and tonight after working hard in the yard, I came in and had a beer. Just one.. but nevertheless..... I did not do my P90X today, I worked hard in my yard.