Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Biggest Loser....made personal

So at church Sunday, our pastor announced that Danny, our very large guitar player has been gone for some time. That is because he has been competing on this season of The Biggest Loser!!!
Since they tape the show ahead of time (and then the finalists get a couple of months to take off more weight while the show airs)...we already know that he makes it to the finals! So far, he has lost 150 pounds!
At one point during the taping of the show, he was running on the treadmill listening to praise & worship music when Jillian walked up to him and said "Jesus ain't gonna help you here buddy--it's just ME and YOU!"
HA! (what a DUMB thing to say and how WRONG she is!)
We (at our church) are excited for the show to air so we can watch Danny go through this amazing transformation week by week. Please believe with us that he will win the BIG prize and be this season's Biggest Loser!
(Our pastor mentioned that he really hopes Danny remembers to tithe on that prize too! ha ha)
click on this link to see his photos and read his bio!
The new season of the show airs Tuesday, September 15th!~

4 comments:

Kate said...

oh how exciting! I'm gonna be cheerin' him on! Can't wait to watch his journey . . .

Rene' said...

I am so excited for the season to start. Its especially cool to have someone from around here and someone semi-connected (to a friend, to a friend, to a 2nd cousin ha ha). Still very cool . I definately hope he shows his faith in a positive way and is a good example for others to follow. I definately hope he remembers to tithe properly too :) its easy sometimes to tithe on $500, but some people can't imagine writing a check to the church for more than that-so if he makes the payday, I hope he is faithful enough to tithe faithfully too :) Plus it shows integrity to the rest of the church---AND if questioned about what he spent his money on , if he says that first, it sets an example to the nation which is great! I'm rooting for him!

KC said...

That is SO AWESOME!!!! To actually "KNOW" someone who is on the show! I hope is a good example, in his attitude..after the last few seasons, America needs SOMEONE who will stand up for what they believe in and set a good example!

Simmons girlz said...

OMG! Danny and his Wife were one of the first people we met when we were at Grace. That is so cool! I so cant wait to watch this show!!! I hope he turns Jillian on fire for GOd. Imagine how much more she could do if she had the SAVIOR!! I just think this is so cool! Do you know his wife? Have you talked to her?
Okay I just cannot get over this!!! I hope he makes it all the way!