Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm proud of me!

Although the scale hasn't showed any more weight loss for me...still at 135...I am proud to say that I worked out for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours EVERY day last week (with the exception of Saturday and Sunday--but I did clean the whole house over the weekend.) So far this week, I've kept up with my goals and have worked out every day for nearly 2 hours! Usually I'm bad about either taking Wednesday's or Friday's off....but I can't afford to do that anymore. It's crunch time (literally!!). Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away! Even if I don't reach my 130 goal, I will be proud and satisfied if I can keep up with my workouts and (mostly) healthy eating (dang halloweeen candy!!). I'm going to Reeeeeealy try to get a work out in for the next 3 Saturday's to help boost my results. It's hard to think of working out EVERY Saturday...but if I tell myself it's only for the next THREE Saturday's--well then that just seems more attainable.
So, how are y'all doing? Hope you're not succumbing to all the pumpkiny-cinnamony goodness this season offers...??!? I'm doing my best to stay away from the desserts...of course, the 5 gallon bucket of halloween candy in my pantry is driving me nuts. Luckily, I've just about eaten all the good stuff up (read: chocolate) and now all that's left is suckers, gum and skittles...ha ha ha ha ha
Oh and I thought of something TOTALLY corny on the way home from the gym yesterday..and while I know it is totally dorky...there is some truth to it:
Snickers. Why do you think they call them that? Because the more SNICKERS you eat...the more SNICKERS you get!! (from other people watching your BUTT grow with every bite!)
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm proud of you too! I don't have any kids so I was able to throw out the leftover candy w/o any guilt. Had there been kids around, though, I'm sure I'd be struggling. I am falling victim to the free taffy apples at work -still, they're only 3 points and they count as a fruit. And they're coated in peanuts ( a protein). Hee hee - I can sure twist that to make them sound good for ya, can't I?

2 hours a day! you rock honey! keep it up. I'm sure that will pay off big time w/ a nice weight loss.

KC said...

Wow! 2 hours every day?! Now I feel like a total slacker...I think I'm doing good to do 1 hour! LOL!

I haven't been tempted by the halloween candy...for some reason candy hasn't ever really been a weakness of mine. But ice cream...now that's another story! :)

You're doing GREAT Jen! I'm so proud of you!!!! Keep up the good work, and you WILL be at your goal weight by Thanksgiving! Yea!!!