Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

804

...is the number of calories I burned this morning! Oh ya baby! Even if I don't make it to my goal weight by next Thursday (which I won't unless a miracle happens)--I know it's not from being lazy. I've been working my booty off during my workouts these past couple of weeks. I think the most calories I've ever burned in one work out was 937 and that was the day I did 3 straight hours of Zumba. Today I burned 804 in 2 hours...so I'd consider that quite an accomplishment. I don't know why my body is holding onto this extra weight but whatever. All I can do is my best. I'm sure if I got super-strict with my diet (calorie intake) I'd see some better results...but it's just not. gonna. happen. My ginormous family is coming into town starting tonight and we'll be eating non-stop. My only salvation is that I am going to try to surround myself with healthy choices so I (hopefully) don't succumb to the pressure and eat all the JUNK that everyone else will be eating. Nothing against anyone in my family, I love them all...but they are NOT healthy eaters. I mean...not even close. It's funny because when I know everyone is coming to town, my grocery cart looks entirely different than normal. I have all different varieties of soda, chips, cookies, unhealthy lunch meats, white bread....etc. But hey, that's what they like and it's cheap. I figure there is no sense in feeding them all my expensive healthy stuff when they'd rather have the junk anyway, right? Although I do feel bad for the couple of family members who look to me as an example (for healthy eating) and see my house full of all this stuff. Hopefully they'll watch what I actually EAT and not just what I set out for everyone else to eat.
Okay...off to clean house...got lots of sheets to wash before all my beds are occupied!
Oh and by the way..whatever that "bug" was I had on Tuesday is completely gone now (with the exception of the nasty cough) but other than that, I feel great! YAY! I SOOOOO do NOT have time to be sick! :o)

4 comments:

KC said...

WOW! Congratulations Jen! What did you do to burn so many calories?! That's amazing!

Just because everyone else is eating junk food, doesn't mean that you have to. Just think of how bloated you will feel tomorrow, is it worth it? Just imagine me and Kate perched on your shoulders, saying "do you REALLY want that? does it add any nutrition to your body? are you eating for fuel or for pleasure?" :) Just keep us in mind...and be a good example for your family. That doesn't mean you can't have a good time, or have a few items you wouldn't normally eat. Just don't give in and overeat or you'll feel miserable after the weekend is over. Love ya!

Kate said...

Damn - that's some serious calorie burning! I'm secretlY hoping that Tony got me a HRM for my upcoming birthday, but we shall see. I think it's more along the line of workout clothes, but i'll be happy with that too.

I'm sure your family would appreciate some healthy options around too. Didn't you say your brother was trying to lose weight? KC's comment made me laugh, b/c she'd probably be the angel on one shoulder, and I'd be the devil dancing on the other because quite honestly I do have one healthy menu option when it comes to the holidays. I just let myself enjoy all those foods in moderation. Good thing I can Zumba off the fried turkey and mashed potatoes . . . and pecan pie . . . and that trifle . . . and the stuffing. Oh shoot, now I'm hungry!

Kate said...

gah - why don't I spell check these things before I post them??? I meant to say that "I DO NOT have one healthy menu option when it comes to the holidays"

KC said...

LOL! I used to give in and eat anything I wanted during the holidays, but then after they were over, my jeans would barely fit and I was miserable. I've decided it isn't really worth it to me. This all started when I found out that 1 small slice of pecan pie (1/8 of the pie) can have around 800 calories!!!! Yikes! For one piece of pie?! No thanks. I like it, but not that much. (Plus I used to get that one small piece of pecan pie, one of coconut creme pie, and try them all! LOL! Wonder why I gained 10lbs every holiday season?!)
Now I look at what's available and think "what do I really, really, want? what are my absolute favorite foods" then I go from there. I get my favorites (in small amounts), and leave the rest for everyone else. :) (And No Pecan Pie is going in this mouth, ever again! LOL!)