Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 86

GUH-LORRRRY TO GOD! Today's work out is XStretch! JUST what I needed--and in the nick of time (because I promise you, I was about ready to say scr*w it-as you could tell from my last post!) Anyway, I was truely delighted when I looked at the schedule and saw that stretching was on the agenda. Besides the fact that I am SORE from head to toe from Core on Monday and then my crazy boot camp class (etc. ) from yesterday...but I am zonked of energy and enthusiasm today and stretching felt FABULOSO!! My mood is SO MUCH BETTER now that I got out of the house for a few minutes and enjoyed the sunshine while vacumming out my car (how filthy they can get through the winter) and then after doing that hour of stretching! Sorry for the trash-talk in my last post. I was honestly just having a VERY down moment...but my girl KC picked me right up--as she always does. She is truely the "wind beneath my wings" that girl. She was my first inspiration to get up off my big booty and get my body moving--and that was 11 years ago! Of course, I've had some of my heaviest days during those 11 years...but I've also had 2 babies and we've had to keep in touch via long-distance because right when I met her and got to be best friends with her (and she got me started on working out) she moved away and no longer have we ever been able to be together face to face (other than the occasional special visit). Anyway, I have made and met MANY wonderful people through this blog...but she's still my homegirl...my #1 inspiration and motivation. I love ya chicky! Thanks for the pick-me-up today and for always checking in!

1 comment:

KC said...

Awww...Sweetie, you have me in tears!
Oh how I miss those days; back when we would meet at the gym first thing in the mornings, then meet up again at work, and sometimes go to lunch together. Those were fun days..and I miss them terribly.
Can you believe that was also the year I lost from a size 13 to a 3? Because I had you there, holding me accountable and encouraging me through it all. I couldn't have done it without my workout buddy!
Wow! It's hard to believe that was 11 years ago...and amazing that we have stayed so close in our friendship through all of these years, even with the distance. God definitely knew what he was doing when he had us meet and become such amazing friends.
I love ya sister, and I'm so glad that you are feeling better and more optimistic.
{hugs!}
Kandy