Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

After pics---finally!

Well, I really wanted to wait until I did a P90X marathon day and THEN take my "after" pics...but that day may NEVER come...so here they are...
I know this is a long post...but I am showing you 3 views. First-before I ever started p90X, Next-After my 1st round of P90X and Last-Current, after my 2nd round of P90X.
So here is a front "bicep" view.

Next is the back "bicep" view.That up there was the regular back view. And below is the side view. (boy, aren't you guys glad I told you which views these were. You'd have never figured that out! ha ha) Here is one of me and Matt after finishing our 1st round of the "X" and then below it is one from last night...after taking my current "after" pictures.




Before starting P90X for the first time I weighed 147. Afterwards I was at 134. Now I am at 131. Still trying to get to 125.....


I have to say one extra thing...I do NOT owe all my success to P90X only...my classes at the gym and my sweet Shelly (instructor) have helped tremendously...but nothing has helped me as much as YOU ALL! I am in awe of how much my body has changed over the past year! Who knew me...chubby, overweight my whole life me...could look like this?!!? I actually had a little 3rd grader ask me last Friday "Do you play sports?" and I said "no". She said "Oh, well you look like you would play sports!" I said, "I do kickboxing and weightlifting though." and she said "REALLY?? WOW!!!!!"
Does that mean I finally look athetic? YIPPEE!!
Ps. I can't help but mention....did any of you notice in those pics how the "Girls" have almost DIMINISHED completely??????? augh!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definetly see results of your hard work! Kudos!

Beverly said...

Wow Jen,

First off you look AWESOME! The change is incredible. I wouldn't worry about what that scale is saying because girl you have gotten so thin, trim and built some major muscles. I had been thinking about ordering this program, now I think I definately will. The transformation is unbelievable. Congradulation Girl!!!

Beverly

Jade said...

You look AMAZING!!!! Great job Jen!! You're my inspiration! I can totally see the definition in your muscles - WOW!!

Unknown said...

W.O.W. WOW!! Your results are AMAZING!!

P.S. IT'S SO ON FOR THE ARM WRESTLE! LOL!! :)

Rene' said...

LOL your comment about the "girls" got me laughing-yes I actually noticed-ha ha-is that weird to say? I hope not! Anyway, when we lose weight we often lose it there too. Fortunately, You have enough there to spare. When mine start getting smaller (is that even possible?) they diminish completely, (but still sag-ugh!) LOL. Anyway, back to the pix---awesome! what an accomplishment, and so cool to see the progress on film. Definately makes you realize where you have come from and appreciate where you are! Love the biceps!

Chelsea said...

hey - i found your blog recently as I was looking for p90x inspiration. :) I am on week 4ish (adding a couple of weeks to phase 1 because I switched from lean to classic). fantastic before and afters!!! you have inspired me today to push play. :) one question, did you do the diet with the program, or just eat well on your own accord? i have scrapped the diet for now (as for the strict p90x diet) because I can't seem to work it into our family's lifestyle right now. i eat pretty healthy and watch my caloric intake, but just not doing it the way "they" say I should. :) wondering if that is going to bite me in the end. :)

Megan said...

Congrats Jen, you look AMAZING! I started following your blog about a month ago and you have definitely inspired me to keep moving! Our progress mimics each other (I started at 147, and am now at 134... 125 is my elusive goal!). I bought P90X last week and my husband and I will be starting the program soon. Thank you for the inspiration and motivation! You look great, and I can't wait to hear/read about your continuing progress!

KC said...

Yea Jen!!!! See, I knew you always had it in you. :) Now you remind me of myself: girl who was chubby for most of her life, turned trim, muscular, fitness addict! LOL! :) Yea!!!!

Your before and after pics look AAAA-mazing! I can tell such a huge difference from the "before" to the "now". Wow! That is so inspiring! You go girl. I always knew you could do it. :)

Love ya sweetie!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Jen you look amazing! I can only wish for muscles like that right now... but you can bet I'm working on it! You're my inspiration for keeping me on track with the X. Thank YOU for that. But really, you two both look awesome!

Kate said...

Your after pics look great Jen! I'm so proud of you for sticking through another round!!!! Keep up the great work! Aren't you glad you put in all that gut-busting work BEFORE swimsuit season arrived?! You are an inspiration my friend. Love you!

Kim said...

Congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off! Truly an inspiration to all of us.

John said...

Nice work Jen, way to bring it. Looks like you're motivating others too! Can't wait to read what's next.

John

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

It's been a long road I'm sure but the hard work is evident and you should be very proud!!! I wish we all weren't spread out all over the place because I feel like we need to CELEBRATE together!!! Way to rock the bikini... something that will never happen for me :(

Unknown said...

See..you ARE motivating so many people...you know what that means..??!!!

You need to be a COACH! Be a coach in our organization-it's ROCKIN!

John said...

What Demi said!