Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hot Nacho

It's the morning of the 3rd day. I'm hungry. I want substance. However, this is the longest I've ever made it doing something like a fast or cleanse and I can't quit now! The end is SO NEAR! :)
I actually ran out of Shakeology with my last shake yesterday and was sort of fretting about what to do..and then I remembered that my mom has some samples that I gave her that she never did use, so I'm stealing them back from her and finishing out this thing. Which is why I'm SO HUNGRY right now. I'm not going over to her house to get the goods until after I take the kids to school, which means I have another hour to wait. I need to go make my green tea so I can at least have SOMETHING in my tummy.
I got on the scale this morning and it's down another 2 pounds! (5 total so far!) That's pretty amazing. If I lose even just ONE more pound, I will be down to the lowest weight I've seen in the past year. What's even more exciting is knowing that when I get done with this thing, I'm not going back to eating like Miss Piggy...but that I have a PLAN already. I am doing the TurboFire 5 day Inferno plan and planning out all our meals from the P90X, Insanity and TurboFire Nutrition Guides. Not only will that ensure that I don't gain...but I should be able to continue to lose and finally reach that elusive goal weight that I've been aiming at for nearly 7 years now.
But, to address the title of this post, I should admit that last night, after my 3rd shake-which I drank AT the ball field, I bought Brooklyn some cheese nachos. She asked me to hold them for her while she went to the bathroom. In a moment of impulse, I grabbed up the cheesiest chip and shoved it into my mouth. Blah. It wasn't NEARLY as yummy as it looked. Hooray! I'm actually kind of glad I did it...because if I hadn't, I would have been sitting there-mouth watering as I watched her eat them thinking about how I was missing out. Instead, I tasted and saw that they weren't even CLOSE to good enough for me to blow this for, and I was totally fine the rest of the time.
Of course...if it HAD been reallllly good...who knows what might have happened!?!?! :-/
Anyhow, I have to leave you with a cute story that also pertains to the title of this post.
When Grant was about 2, my uncle bought him a truck that had several buttons on it. If you pushed the red one right on the top, it played "Cotton Eyed Joe". We had that truck and listened to that song for probably a YEAR before I over-heard him singing "where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from HOT NACHO". HA HA HA He wasn't being funny either..he seriously thought those were the lyrics. Now anytime we hear that song, we all sing it that way. It's much more fun than cotton eyed joe anyway. :) Try it.

No comments: