Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sometimes motivation comes from the craziest thing:

Yesterday when I went to Zumba, I saw someone I hadn't seen in a few months. My mouth dropped open because 1. She looked AMAZING!!! and 2. I didn't even know she was trying to lose weight!!!
After class I said, WOW! You look fantastic!!! I can see a enormous difference in your body!
and she said, "Thanks!, I've lost 23 pounds in the last couple of months."
omg...
23 pounds for a person who is already really fit and not overweight is a LOT. I wouldn't have thought she had 23 pounds to lose! It was SUCH AN INSPIRATION to me because it reminded me of how "okay" I looked before doing P90X and getting more serious about eating right versus how MUCH BETTER I looked after wards!
Now that I've seen her, I have this "oh no she's not gonna look this much better than me" attitude! ha ha (again...who knew I was so competitive???)

I'm finally starting to anticipate school being back in session just for the fact that I know I will do so much better with eating and exercise when I'm not entertaining and feeding the kids all day. Excuses, excuses...whatever...it's the truth. I hope I can start doing posts very soon about my own weight loss! Nothing drastic, but it would be nice to dissolve the layer of blubber that is covering over my hard-earned muscles!
Today, I'm teaching kickboxing and I plan to envision that Wave Master bag as a gigantic hamburger since I ate out TWICE yesterday and had a burger both times! ugh!
"Forgetting those things which are behind and pressing on towards the things which are ahead..."

3 comments:

Kate said...

sounds like God sent you the perfect little piece of motivation. I know that always helps me to see how others close to me are succeeding and I think to myself "well heck if I'm going to let them beat me and look better!" lol Yeah, it's competitive; but it's what works. And a little friendly competition never hurt anyone. Hope you kick the pants off that 'burger' bag. Love ya girlie!

Rene' said...

wow 23 pounds that's awesome, I want that to be me in a month or two! :) if I lose 2 pounds per week, I could be doing good by my birthday and my labor day shopping spree ;0

SuccessWarrior said...

The school excuse is real. I have to give up my running in the summertime so I can be home with my son. In another year or two, he'll probably be big enough to ride his bike and be out there with me. That'll be a good father/son activity.