Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here I am...

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted! Crazy! Well, in the "meantime" I turned 32 (on Saturday) and celebrated all weekend long with friends and family! It was a great time (with lots of caution-less eating, sadly).

Also, apparently a big number of instructors at my gym decided to go to VEGAS on my birthday weekend which left me picking up the slack at the gym while they were gone. In the past 7 days, I have taught 8 fitness classes! (not that many for a lot of instructors, but I'm used to just doing one a week...so it was a big jump for me). The good thing about that is that I worked out WAYYYYYY more than I have been...AND...I got paid for every workout! Now that's a pretty SWEET deal!

Also a nice plus to all this instructing is that I convinced my hubby to come to all my classes and now he is BACK in weight-lifting mode! He's pumping iron pretty much every day now and chugging down his Cyto-gainer, Muscle Milk, Recovery Formula and Men's Strength & Muscle Formula.
Funny how all it takes is one good hard-core workout, getting drenched in sweat and it re-lights the fire again! I am exactly the same way. It's easy to let the flame dwindle and go out...but once you ignite it again, it's BLAZING. :o)

Since P90X is our first love and was the ANSWER...the KEY...to our success with our bodies, we can't help but want to get back into it again. So...here we go. No plans, no commitments, no schedule...just gonna start popping in a dvd whenever we can and see where that takes us.
Even though I know we would be more focused and succesful WITH a plan/schedule...it's just not the time to be that dedicated. We are living life right now first and foremost--investing in our kids lives while they are home for the summer and I just refuse to be "guilted" into an hour a day workout for this next month.
However...school starts in about 29 days...so THEN we (or at least I) can begin to put a little more dedication into my workouts.
For now, we're using Tony's motto "Do your best and forget the rest."
So how are you doing? Hanging in there?

Another quick thing: What about Beachbody coaching? Have you considered it? I am really realizing that this is a great opportunity for me. Now that the checks are coming in consistently every week, I'm very encouraged! There's something pretty cool about seeing money direct deposited into my account every Friday and knowing that all I did was send out a few emails encouraging fellow workout buddies! It really is a blessing to have a job like this and it's just as available to you as it is to me! Go to www.beachbodycoach.com/onetoughgirl to find out more...or just ask me!!

1 comment:

Rene' said...

right with ya girlie! I'm thinking when school starts that turnpike trail is going memorized on my shoes or bike tires because I plan to be on it ALOT! maybe u can join me? :)