Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 5--HALF WAY

So, it's Friday and we're halfway done with our challenge. I've succeeded at working out every day for the past 5 days, which is an improvement because Wednesday is typically my "rest day". I decided to do P90X Cardio X that day and wow! I was stunned at how (dare I say....) EASY it has become! Don't get me wrong...you can certainly intensify it by jumping higher, squatting lower, etc. but I remember a time when I would be drenched with sweat and huffing and puffing at the end of that video, and this time, it just felt like a warm up. It has taken me a year and a half of doing P90X to get this point, so if you're still on your first round and think Cardio X is a tough work out, don't let this discourage you. It should ENCOURAGE you...that as you keep going and working at it, eventually it will be come much easier! I honestly think that doing Insanity has completely transformed my idea of "cardio." When you first start doing Insanity, you'll probably think it should be called "Impossible" instead because it pretty much is impossible at first, until your body becomes conditioned to that kind of outrageous intensity for lengthy periods of time. It takes unbelievable endurance to complete an Insanity workout without breaks (which I've never done).
Anyway, got side-tracked there. woops!
What I was trying to say is that the challenge is going well. I don't feel like I've done as good as I wanted to with the food aspect, although I have eaten WAYYYY better in the past 5 days than I would have if we weren't doing the challenge. I made a banana cake the other day and I've had a few small peices of it over the past couple of days. It is soooooo good. Not real sweet and it seems like I'm the only one in our house who is really crazy about it. It practically KILLS me to see it sitting there getting "old". :o)
My workout yesterday was FANTASTIC. I taught classes at the gym. First was 45 min. of boot camp and then 45 min of weights. We did circuits again and we did stuff like burpees and floor switch kicks and frog jumps, etc. After that, I gave them the warning that we were going to be doing some serious weight-training today. I have pretty much decided that my "style" is to multi-task during work outs. I like to work arms and legs at the same time, if possible. So, instead of just standing to do bicep curls, we did wall squats while curling! It certainly took your mind off of the burn in your biceps! I've been trying to encourage people to go up on their weights some, so I've been bringing my own weights from home (10#'s and 15#'s) and I did my bicep curls yesterday with the 15 pounders. Yowch! :o)
The people in my classes are starting to open up a little more and talk to me, which totally boosts my confidence, which inturn boosts my performance (or instructing). I need interaction. When it's silent in the class and I am the only one counting down or talking or making any kind of noices, it feels sort of lonely and I begin to wonder if they all really really dislike me. Thankfully there is one guy, John, who has been friendly and supportive from the first day and he really helps to make me feel comfortable. If you're reading this: THANK YOU JOHN! I hope that by the end of my time there, I will have them all moaning and groaning and counting and grunting! ha ha
Today is Friday and is typically a busy day for me as I always attempt to fit in a MILLION things I want to "get done before the weekend" but some of it will just have to wait today because I AM working out. I wish I had someone to work out WITH because I really don't love doing it all alone in my living room....but unless any of you want to drive to my house today, it'll probably be just me and the dvd player. I think I'll do some Insanity today.
I hope you are all doing good and keeping focused. We only have 5 more days left! YOU CAN DO THIS! Prove it to yourself!

1 comment:

Rene' said...

way to go girl, keep it up. me, I've been dreaming all day about making choc chip cookies and eating the raw dough! fortunately I was full after dinner so I didn't cave in to my desire...but there is always tomorrow ;)