Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

3 days in-7 to go

So, we are on Day 3 of the 10 day challenge...how're you doing?
Monday was great for me. Tuesday was ROUGH. I was hungry ALL day and even though I went to 2 classes at the gym, I seriously drug-butt the entire time and probably only gave it about 75%. All I wanted to do all day was sleep and eat. Ick. I did skip my coffee yesterday, so maybe that is what the problem was?!?! I didn't think I was that reliant on my morning coffee..but maybe I am and didn't know it.
Anyway, today is day 3 and I feel back to my normal self. I have a lot to do today, but I am going to fit in a work out this afternoon while the kids are at school. I'm thinking about possibly doing P90X Yoga even though I really don't like it...I need some stretching. Or maybe I'll do Cardio X...that'll give me a little yoga but still gets some calories burned off.
No matter what, I'll be doing something and YOU BETTER TOO! Keep your eating clean. I ate a LOT yesterday, but for the most part, it was fresh veggies and fruits.
For those of you who asked about my physical I got done the other day....I got the report back. My weight has gone down by 2 pounds (since last year) but most of my other numbers went up--which I thought was weird. My cholesterol, tryglycerdes, glucose--all that went up a few #'s. All I can figure is that last year when I did my physical I had just finished P90X and was eating a VERY VERY clean diet. For the past several months I've been pretty lazy with my choices of foods and maybe that is why the #'s went up? Still, I am within the Excellent range of all of them so I'm not worried...but I am glad that I am getting back on track with my food choices again. It's amazing how relaxed you can get so quickly. It's like one cookie here, one burger there and the next thing you know you're having fries with every meal! Eeeek! (and drinking pop again!) Double Eeeek!
I'm excited to see how AMAZING I feel (and all of you) at the end of this 10 days. Our bodies will SOOOO be thanking us! (and maybe we'll even be able to push away from the Thanksgiving table a little sooner than usual!)

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Sounds like things are going well! My dance class almost didn't happen because of traffic, but I finally made it! I make the shrimp in the oven so I just put all that stuff on it and baked it at 350 degrees for about 12-15 min. It was good!

I'm trying to move this month, so I'm worried that will get in my way! Ugh!

Rene' said...

I'm not completely doing your program (ate lots of cookies today), but I had a isagenix shake for breakfast, a slimfast shake for lunch, and then a lettuce(only) salad with (lots) of olive garden dressing (I brought it home the other day). So if I had not devoured like 10 cookies I guess I would have been on the program LOL. Also got a good workout on the treadmill today. Did a 20 minute interval warmup, then did a full 25 minutes of running (5.0-6.5 speed). Not fast the whole time, but I was pleased, especially when i got on for the second half I had only intended to run during the zero incline portions of the program, but I ended up running the whole thing, (just slower on the higher inclines). good day(except those stupid cookies which really were fabulous!) darn darn darn

Amazon Runner said...

I love this! And since it is a shorter challenge it is easier to push yourself and make yourself do it.

I've been doing my ChaLEAN Extreme workouts as scheduled and really putting my all into slow, deliberate movements and proper form---just as she is always saying to do.

ADDITIONALLY, I've been walking daily, sometimes twice a day and also doing some cardio with the Biggest Loser Boot Camp dvd.

I'm on target with the food and calories too. I hope you guys are doing well!