Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, November 16, 2009

10 day challenge---can you handle it?

So maybe you're not up for a 90 day program right now (or maybe you're smackdab in the middle of one and are starting to slack off some)...whatever your current situation, I have a challenge for you:
There are 10 days until Thanksgiving. I propose that for the next 10 days we will:

1.)Eat clean with EVERY bite. No cheating. NO JUNK. Just high protien, good carbs and lots of fruits and veggies. My main hurdle with this will be not having dessert. I've gotten back into that awful habit of eating something sweet after every meal. Ugh!

2)Work out every day. I know that is a lot to ask...but we're only talking TEN days here. SURELY you can swing that for just 10 days right? (or at least that is what I'm asking myself!)

Matt and I are doing it as well as my mom. I want to see how many more people are on board???
Challenge yourself. See what you're made of. Prove it once and for all that YOU are in control..not your appetite, not your mood, not your surroundings! One thing that fires me up more than anything is thinking that I have "lost control". Maybe I'm a bit of a control freak..I don't know..but I will not be ruled by anything (other than God) and I will CERTAINLY NOT be ruled by my feelings or by my mood.
Reward yourself for accomplishments and happy times during these next 10 days by doing something GOOD for you body...like a invigorating work out rather than weighing it down with a big serving of sugar (cupcake/cake/cookie).
Who can argue this: You'll feel a heck of a lot better after that work out than you will after downing that bowl of icecream!!??!!

If you are a follower of my blog and you read this post and you don't leave me a comment and tell me that you are joining me, that's fine....just know that I will know that you are a WUSS! ;o)

7 comments:

Amazon Runner said...

Outstanding idea. And since this is a season to show gratiitude and forgiveness, what better time to forgive ourselves for slacking and show gratitude for the bodies we've been given by taking better care of them.

KC said...

You're ON! :)
I'm working out daily anyway, and mostly clean-eating (except for the occassional pizza, wheat thins, or something...and these foods always leave me feeling horrible and extremely thirsty) so why not! LOL!
Plus just knowing someone else is doing this with you, really helps you to stick with your goals because someone is holding you accountable.

Alissa said...

I'm in! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know about your challenge! I think short term goals is exactly what I need to get through the holidays. Fabulous idea, and too funny we were basically thinking the same thing right now!

Dee said...

Hey Jen, I certainly need a challenge like this, but don't know if I can succeed. I just want to shoot for working out every other day. I did really poorly last week. I am just so bogged down with trying to get my house organized. But I am going to try to eat clean for 10 days- no Dr. Pepper, no wine, no bread- fruits, vegetables, good carbs, and protein... and lots of water.

Megan said...

I would love to join your challenge, but I am leaving for EUROPE (so excited!!!) on Thursday and will be gone for 10 days. I vow to NOT stress about food and exercise while I am vacationing, but will return to it as soon as I get back. Good luck though!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

No wussy here! I'm totally in and this is exactly what I need!

Kirsty said...

I'm in!! Strayed just a tad and soooo ready to experience the amazingness of everyday workouts and super clean eating! Thanks for being sooooo motivating girl, I really needed that!!