Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Convincing Enough???

This morning during my prayer time, I asked God to give me some ideas for how I could promote my Beachbody coaching business. It's no secret that things have gone slowly for me, but I am not giving up. I know that "whatever I put my hand to will prosper" seeing as how I am one with Christ, made rightous through Him.
That being said (and prayed)..I went about my normal morning business when this thought occured to me: Make up a flyer to hand out to everyone in gym class today! So, I did. The words came like lightning and I didn't hesitate or (take a breath-so to speak) until the last word. I have to believe it was the Holy Spirit working through my fingers typing this. The next prayer was "God help me have boldness to be able to actually hand these out to people!!" I am just NOT assertive like that (naturally). Before I knew it, class was over and I knew it was now or never so I ran to the back of the room and started handing them out as people walked out. To my complete SURPRISE people were lining up behind me to GET ONE!! No WAY!! I just quickly explained that it was a little something I had typed up telling 'my story' and how I had gotten to where I am. Everyone seemed interested! (YOU GO GOD!!)
Anyway, I know it's sorta long and not anything most of you haven't already heard...but I wanted to post it on here anyway in case anyone is interested!
So...here ya go! (I had a cool P90X logo and Beachbody logo on there too, but I can't figure out how to get them to show up on here. oh well)

Are you ready to take your fitness to the next level?
Are you ready to burn off that layer of fat covering those muscles you have been working so hard for? I have the solution for you! No—no pill. No--no crazy diet. Just time-proven exercise and foods that work!

For 4 years I had been a member of the gym, faithfully attending classes and working out. Though I had gotten much healthier and lost a lot of weight, I was still dissatisfied with my amount of muscle tone and I just didn’t have that “cut” or “ripped” look that I wanted.
I heard about an at-home extreme fitness program that guaranteed to get you in “the best shape possible” in only 90 days! I was skeptical. But as I watched the video I realized that their approach was completely different than anything I had done or seen. Every day for 90 days you work out a specific muscle group. Focusing entirely on that one muscle group for nearly an hour (instead of the 5 minutes you might spend in a class) took my muscle tone to the next level. I began to see changes by the 30 day mark and by 90 days, the changes were undeniable! People everywhere I went wanted to know what in the world I had been doing! In all, I lost 17 pounds and went from a flabby size 10 to a muscular size 6.

It’s been a year now since that first day and even though I finished my “90 days”, I still incorporate these workouts into my life and I expect I will forever. They work. Plain and simple.

Of course, there is another part to the equation I haven’t mentioned yet. Food. During these 90 days, I learned how to eat for fuel instead of for entertainment. Surprisingly, it wasn’t nearly as hard as I had expected. Because the program provides you with a Nutrition Guide that not only tells you what foods to eat but also gives you the recipes to prepare them, it was amazingly simple. Sure, there were times that I looked at a particular recipe and though “Ick!” but I was always amazed that it really wasn’t bad and apparently these people know what they’re talking about! For the first time in my life I had NATURAL energy. No pills, no energy drinks. I was waking up in the morning feeling awake and energized and vibrant just from the foods I was eating and the amount of exercise I was getting! Imagine that!

I’m just a regular stay-at-home mom with a million and one things to do, so if I could do this and change my life, I know you can too! As a huge bonus, my entire family has gotten WAY healthier as a result of my doing this program and now we are all getting regular exercise and eating healthfully. My children, ages 5 and 8, are growing up thinking that this is how it’s done. They won’t enter into adulthood obese and lazy because as far as they know, this is how life works. What a blessing! What a gift that is! No toy or game I could buy them could ever compare to that.

I’m not a salesman nor do I like to ask people to buy things, but this is something I believe in so whole-heartedly that I feel it’s selfish to NOT spread the word. Since I have completed the program and had such success, I have become an Independent Coach for Beachbody. That means that if you decide to pursue this program, I will be available to you (for free) anytime you need anything—to answer your questions—to hold you accountable—to cheer you on! Just visit my website for more information or to order this amazing program for yourself.
www.teambeachbody.com/onetoughgirl
Jen

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Hey Jen when you get the time would you mind explaining this team beach body to me.

Kate said...

Great flyer! Your fellow gym-mates are so blessed to have you around them!

Unknown said...

I AM BEYOND proud of you!!! :) :)

Rene' said...

sorry I missed it, but glad I got to read it here. very cool!