Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Chest & Back/Ab Ripper

Today I decided to revert back to Day 1 of the program and do Chest & Back as well as Ab Ripper. It's been a while since I've done this video and I admit, my push ups are not what they used to be. It seemed I was stronger with some and weaker with others. Regardless, I got my sweat on, that's for sure! I had a special treat today: My 8-year-old daughter, Brooklyn, decided to join me!! She has popped in a few times before for a push up here or a kenpo kick there...but this was her first full work out. I was totally amazed at how she hung in there! She did everything but the dive-bomber push ups! (yes, even chin ups using the chair!!) She also did about 75% of Ab Ripper with me! I don't know how much she enjoyed it...but I was pumped to have her in there with me!!
I know I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about just taking it easy during the summer where P90X is concerned and just fitting in workouts whenever it was convenient...but I just can't get past feeling like a slacker. (plus, I don't want to see my hard-earned muscles deteriorate either!) So....I'm not setting anything in stone, but I am really going to try to fit in some strength-training workouts on the days that I don't go to the gym. I figure if I will just get my butt in gear early in the mornings, it really won't interfere with our (mine and the kids) rest-of-the-day.
So...that being said, I would like to encourage YOU, my fellow fitness fanatics, to consider doing P90X with me!! I know, many of you are already "x'ers" so that's cool...but I also know there are plenty of other readers out there who aren't. I really don't know any way a person can get in tip-top shape without pills, without a trainer THIS fast besides this program. I love my cardio at the gym...so I will probably skip out on the cardio segments of P90X for now...but there is nothing like taking an entire hour to focus on just one or two muscle groups to give it the workout it really needs to make major changes. In just a month of doing this stuff, my back and arms look completely different. You only actually work legs (besides cardio of course) once a week...yet I have muscles and definition in my legs (quads especially) that I've never seen before. The moves are all basic, so anyone can do it! If you're interested and want me to be your coach, to see you through every step of the way, click here to get more info and see how you can order P90X for yourself!

No comments: