Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, September 5, 2008

R2-Day 10

I woke up with my motivation tank on E. I tried REEEEEEEEaly hard to get there...but just couldn't muster up any enthusiasm about exercise today. After a busy morning and with only a few minutes to spare, I MADE myself get on the elliptical. My intentions were to do what I'd done the day before (20 minutes doing 1 min. intervals) but it was the most miserable thing. I was HATING every minute of it and I was thinking thoughts like "I DESPISE exercise. I resent it...It's taking me away from my life. I'm so busy either 1)exercising 2)preparing food 3)thinking about exercising or preparing food or 4) showering from exercising that I don't have time for anything else." I decided that I was just self-destructing with all those negative thoughts...so I got off and did Ab Ripper and called it a day.
Eating was not much better either.
I had Kashi Go Lean cereal (major fiber and protien) with a banana and skim milk for breakfast.
I went out to lunch with my buddy Teya and had a small bowl of tortilla soup with 1/2 a chicken panini sandwich and 1 bread stick.
For a snack I had 1 small apple with 1 tbsp. peanut butter
For dinner we grilled LEAN top sirloin steaks, had a small baked potato with NO butter, 1 mini-ear of corn and a salad.
For dessert we had a (big ) bowl of light banana pudding (made with sugar free pudding, skim milk, light cool whip, reduced fat vanilla wafers and bananas)
I felt like a bloated pig when I went to bed and I HATED it. Here's hoping tomorrow is WAY better!

No comments: