Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I feel good-na na na na na na na. I knew that I would...(R2-Day 7)

Man it feels good to be working out again and eating right. Not just physically..but also mentally. I know that I am taking good care of my body and that is just so motivating!
Today I ate a small bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal with a banana and skim milk for breakfast.
For lunch I had a small bowl of salad (just lettuce)
For snack I had one (homemade) banana nut muffin
For dinner I had 1 small serving of turkey spagetti, salad and cauliflower.
For snack/dessert I had a small (8 oz) protien shake/smoothie
I also did Legs & Back with Ab Ripper X this afternoon. I'd really like to get in a good 20-30 min. on the elliptical tonight...but we'll see. I know this is dumb...but I took a shower earlier and did my hair and make up which is a big process and I HATE to throw it all away for a few minutes on the elliptical. (I'd need a shower again!) How do you guys handle that? Do you take a shower after you work out every time or do you just freshen up somehow?

BTW...did you see a trend in my eating habits today? I limited myself to a SMALL serving of everything today! It was tough because I wasn't necessarily full or even satisfied when I got done..but every time I waited a few minutes and before I knew it I was just fine and didn't need anything else. Now if only I can keep it up!

3 comments:

Kate said...

good for you! My personal achivement was yesterday my mom and I went to the movies and had NO popcorn, NO candy, NO pop. We went out for salads before hand and were so full from them (and the chicken on them) that we were content to have NO treats - yippee! I normally blow my good eating habits at the show, but not yesterday!

KC said...

Woo-Hoo!!! Way to go Jen! I'm so proud of you!!!!
As far as the workouts...I try to do my workouts in the morning, so that I can then come home and get showered and ready for the day. If I workout late at night, then I'll just take a quick rinse off in the shower, with my hair pulled up so I dont have to wash it...unless it is just in need of it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, here I go again....You know me and my opinions...

If you get tired of them just let me know...

IMO, I think your eating was too light or should I say maybe not enough food groups at each meal.

Cereal and a banana w/ milk is ok now and then, but seems like that is a regular breakfast for you. And a lettuce salad for lunch doesn't include any protein or good carbs either.

Again IMO I think eating 5-6 times a day with as many of the food groups of protein, good carb and veg or fruit that you can, in small amounts of course will help to satisfy and stave off hunger until the next meal, is the most healthy way to go.

It's just MY honest opinion to help you and not to pick at you, I promise...