Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

P90X Day 5 - 2/26/13

Day 5-Legs & Back with Ab Ripper. I just could NOT get my balance today...kept falling over sideways during lunges. Maybe I used it all up yesterday during yoga! ha Or maybe because I was already STARVING by the time we worked out.
I have a confession: I am SICK of being hungry. I've been hungry for 5 straight days now, it seems. When I'm hungry, I'm grouchy and when I'm grouchy, I'm no fun.  When I'm no fun, I don't like to work out. Needless to say, this hasn't been the chipper-ist week I've ever had. I've been thinking about WHY I'm so unsatisfied food-wise and I believe it has to do with the major difference in my carb/fiber consumption. We eat plenty of meals with plenty of food. It's just that the food we are eating is not lasting.  That's great because it means our body is using it (not storing it) but what happens is that I am hungry again only 1 hour after eating a meal and then by the time the next snack or meal comes around, I'm feeling ravished (and very irritated). I wonder sometimes if I don't have some sort of blood sugar issue because I get so shakey, dizzy and even disoriented feeling if I don't get something in me quickly. I know that within the next few days, my body will adjust to this new way of eating and I will be fine. I remember going through this before...I just hope I actually LOSE some pounds this week so all this sacrifice and depriving are worth it! We will be weighing in on Friday!
Anyway, here is what we ate today:
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean cereal and skim milk, coffee = 300
Snack: Banana & 5 almonds = 150
Lunch: P90X Chicken Salad and 9 pita crackers = 350
Dinner: Block Party Stew (lean beef and tons of veggies) w/ 5 crackers= 420
Dessert: 1/2 banana nut low-sugar muffin= 200
Total Calories for Day= 1430

No comments: