Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A new beginning....P90

Matt and I have decided to try something new. After nearly 3 years of being P90X'ers...we are going to try out the P90 program.
I realize that is backwards to the way it is "supposed" to be done, but I just acquired a complete brand new set of P90 (from one of my customers who bought it and then never even opened it!!!)....so....we decided to give it a shot.
Last night was our first workout. For the first 15 minutes we were laughing about how EASY it was...but by the middle of it, we were sweating and feeling our muscles BURN! Of course, you determine the level of intensity and difficulty by picking the weight of your dumbbells...so it should never get "too easy". It was a LOT different from P90x in that you workout all your muscles (from shoulders to calves) in one workout rather than breaking the muscle groups up into specific days.
Today will be cardio and abs....so we'll see how that goes. I have a hard time thinking it's gonna give me much of a workout when I'm used to doing INSANITY...but we'll see.
We may not do the whole 90 days of this--because more than likely I think we are going to want something a little more extreme before too long--but I'm glad we're trying it out right now. Since it's been a few weeks since I've really followed any program...this will be a nice way to ease back in. I could tell last night when we were stretching that I am TIGHT and not nearly as flexible as I used to be. (boo!)
So, have any of you done P90? Had any success with it? I'm looking forward to making some of the new recipes in the nutrition guide. If I find some that are really good, I'll post on here for you all.
Hope you're doing well and keeping healthy and fit. It's been a long time since I've talked to you guys....:-(
Hopefully I'll be here more as of now...:-)