Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Lose Your Holiday Trimmings

Today a friend of mine and I decided to host a weight loss challenge for ourselves and some of our friends. For the next 5 weeks, from Nov. 15-Dec 20, we will compete to see who can lose the largest percentage of weight. Each of us puts $10 into the pot and at the end, one person will take home the cash!
(If you're reading this on Monday, Nov. 15th, you can actually still enter! Just leave me a comment and I'll get you the official rules and info.)

As for me, I've done relatively well today. I ate good all day until just now when I ate 2 big bowls of cereal for dinner. It's all I'm having, so I still don't think that was toooo awfully bad, although there were no veggies or fruits or protein (other than the milk) in it. Woops!
Did P90 Sweat dvd yesterday morning before church so I took the day off today (as far as workouts go) today. Tomorrow will be classes at the gym, Wed. class at the gym and Thursday I'll hopefully get a P90X or Insanity workout done at home. Friday I think I'll be hitting the gym again and probably Saturday too.

Anyway, wish me luck! Even better than winning the money (which would be AWESOME), I will be SO EXCITED to drop this extra weight and fit back into my clothes!!
My starting weight today was 142.
Goal weight for the end of the challenge: 130.

4 comments:

Rene' said...

ok I'm in. but seriously cereal is not bad unless its cocoa puffs. enough with the drama over every bite we put in our mouths. I refuse to partake in this any longer because I don't want it to run my life anymore and because I don't want my girls to hear me talk like that again. I'm in, but I won't be giving a play by play of what I am or am not doing to achieve it. Life is so much more than counting calories and being deprived. I am happy, and I want happiness to remain. Love YOU, as you know this is not about you, its about not getting sucked back into the culture of 'dieting'.

Kate said...

well of course i want a challenge!!! count me in and let me know the details :) i can send you the moo-la.

Kate said...

what kind of cereal? have you tried Kashi GoLean? Lots of protein and very filling.

Kirstyy said...

Fitting in my "skinny" clothes sounds like a fantastic idea. :) Ps. I set the check on the counter for hubby to put in the mailbox and never asked him to do it. I found it this morning, lol. I'll send it tomorrow, for reals this time.

Doing well so far though! :)