Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Trying something new today...!!!

Wow, I think this may be the longest I have ever gone without posting on my blog! (maybe not...but it seems like it's been forever!)
I only have a few minutes this morning, but let me give you a quick run down of what's been happening in my (fitness-related) life.
As you all know I began instructing at the gym on Oct. 5th. It's been going well with the exception of last Monday's class which was a complete disaster. I wasn't feeling well OR energetic and I kept losing my balance and my train of thought. I tried very hard to maintain composure though and hopefully the struggle I was having inside was NOT showing up on my face to everyone in my class. On the way home the devil had a party in my mind telling me all kinds of discouraging things ("they hate you, you aren't qualified for this job", etc.) but thankfully I have such an intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father that I can instantly recognize the voice of satan and tell him where to "stick it" with his stupid lies he was trying to feed me. I wallowed in self-pity for a few minutes but as soon as I got home I put on some praise & worship (love Kari Jobe!) and then got in the Word for a while before I went to bed. One of our favorite songs from our old chuch goes like this: "When I think of His goodness and what He's done for me, when I think of His goodness and how He's set me free, I could dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance!" Yah---that's pretty much what it's like when you stomp on the devil's head and put God back in 1st place in your life!
(sorry ya'll---I can get to preachin' when I get excited these days!)
The next time that I got up to teach, I prepared more for my classes and then gave it to God--which basically means I reminded myself that it is HIM doing this--I am just the vessel. The classes went great and I think it was the best I've ever done as far as instructing. It just felt easy and comfortable this time. Praise the Lord!

TODAY.....Augh! I am teaching a new class--Kickboxing! Eeeek! It's a little nerve-wracking just because I don't know all the technical terms for all the various punches and kicks NOR do I know perfectly correct form on all moves....but...I have been taking kickboxing off and on for many years and more consistantly for the past 2 years, so I think I'll do just fine subbing the class today. Besides, it's God, not me! (I need to write that on my hand and look at it every few minutes!)

I found out that I was doing a no-no by saying things like "this is one of the moves from Insanity" during my classes. Apparently (if you read the coach rules) I am not supposed to mention Beachbody programs during a class. I can say "this move is plyometrics inspired" but not "this move came from P90X". Hmmm...woops! I only did that on the very first day...glad I read the rules before I got in trouble!

It's kind of crazy though because I was really hoping that by being an instructor, I would have more opportunity to tell people about Beachbody and P90X and Insanity. I guess I'll just have to wait until they (the people in my classes) start talking to me more before and after class and then I can bring it up. Since I'm still new to the gym, I don't want to start handing out my BB business cards just yet.

Okay, well, I have exactly 1 hour until I need to leave the house for the gym...so I'm gonna get off here and go get stretched out and ready! I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!~

4 comments:

Rene' said...

how did it go? great I'm sure!

Kate said...

Your spirit always inspires me! I'm so proud of you, Jen, for taking on these challenges. Look at how great you're doing?! I know we shouldn't dwell on the past, but just think for a minute of where you were this time last year or the year before that? You have come so far both physically and mentally! Love ya girl!

Amy said...

OK, so this is not exactly related to your post here but I know you're a Biggest Loser fan so I thought I'd share this w/you. I have never watched Biggest Loser or done any of the workouts from that show. I know who the people are but only from commercials and random articles in People magazine. Today I met Jillian Michaels for the first time. Oh. My. Goodness! She kicked my butt! Literally! Ok so I didn't really MEET her but I did the 30 day shred dvd and thought I was going to DIE before I was done. Holy cow! I'm doing it again tomorrow but I'm tellin' ya it took me about 4 or 5 hours to feel like my arms weren't all stretched out like silly putty.
I think she likes to be the one people love to hate. :) She knows we're all hatin' her a little while we're sweating our butts off but she doesn't care. She LOVES IT! lol I'm making J do this with me tomorrow so he can see why i was so tired today. :)
I know this is long but I just thought I'd share this with you. Can't wait til Christmas when I can sign up for you to be my coach! Come on, Christmas bonus!!! Mama needs a new workout program! lol

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! I am currently doing P90x, started the beginning of this month. I am at a normal weight, but am really wanting my body fat percentage to go down. Did you see that happening with you? I noticed that in your "get to know me", you are a Christian..how awesome!?!?!?! Also, that you like Christian Hip-Hop. These artist aren't just hip-hop, but thought you may enjoy them. You diffently should look them up: Lecrae, Flame, Future, J-Son, Tedashii!!! My Favs!