Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tony Horton eating Doritos?

So, I had this very vivid dream last night. I walked into some kitchen and there at a round wooden table sat Tony Horton himself. He had a Family Size bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos open in front of him and his hand stuffed full of them and he was cramming them into his mouth...crumbs falling everywhere! Instantly I began digging through my purse for my camera so I could catch this on film and show the whole world what our "hero" is doing in the privacy of an empty kitchen.
HA HA HA HA
What in the WORLD?
The night before that I dreamed all night long about possible catastrophes that might happen while I was up instructing (people fainting, me forgetting my routine, forgetting the music, etc.)
Seriously, exercise and nutrition is taking over my life!
Even at the circus last night, all I could think about was how FIT those people must be to be able to do these amazing stunts and how when the elephants put their front foot up on the little stool thing that it looked like they were doing lunges. When I told Matt that he said, "Does everything have to be about exercise?"
hmmm.....how am I supposed to turn that off? If I'm not working out, I'm cooking. If I'm not doing either of those, you can bet I'm thinking about them...writing my next routine, planning my next meal.
I actually have begun to really try to "rein it in" when I talk because I know people get sick of hearing it all the time. ESPECIALLY people who aren't into "IT".
Ugh! I know how important balance is in life. I know that anything (even good things) in excess can become negative. Where do I draw the line?

4 comments:

*Ashley Lou* said...

haha...yah, I think you draw the line RIGHT BEFORE mentioning that the elephants look like they are doing lunges.....you're crazy but I love you!

I am coming to your class on Thursday, show me the girl who threw a fit about you changing the classes and I can "accidentally" kick her in the shins during the routine!! I will be there for Boot Camp, I doubt I can make it in time for the step/weights/pump class..or whatever its called now =)

Unknown said...

here's the thing...you don't need to draw the line! you are who you are and that's a beautiful thing. we need more people like you in this world..it would be a better, fitter place! Keep on keepin on and don't change at all. <3

BTW-when me and Tony and the gang all got done with QVC, it was HIS suggestion that we all go celebrate with brownies and ice cream. I've never seen him happier. :)

Rene' said...

you are so funny-u crack me up

KC said...

LOL! What a vivid dream. Wonder what it means? hmm...maybe that the best of the best allow themselves some favorite cheat meals occassionally and that it's okay, as long as you balance it all out with a good dose of exercise. :) (That's my translation anyway).

Love ya girly!