Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I just don't get it..

Today at the gym (hooray, i was so glad to be back!) a conversation got started about the new, upcoming season of Biggest Loser. Someone metioned about the "older" people being on there..in their 60's I think. Anyway, we got to talking about ages and this one guy who is in my classes started guessing our ages. (Stupid!--Very, very stupid thing for a guy to do!)
Anyway, he started out with one of my friends, Rene, who is only a few years older than me--and he guessed her to be about 45! If I'm not mistaken, she is 34...so that is 11 years OLDER! Then he looked at me...I could see the wheels turning...so I said, "whoah---wait a minute. If you're guessing Rene is 45...then you better shoot WAYYYY low for me because you're gonna be in BIG trouble if you say something like that about my age!" So, he hesitates for a second and says, okay to be on the safe side, I guess you're about 35.
Say what?
Now listen here girls...there is nothing wrong with being (or looking) 35...but I JUST turned 30 and I was hoping to give off the impression that I'm in my late 20's maybe..but not in my mid 30's! I know I should just brush it off and let it go...but ever since I left the gym I've been analyzing myself. How I dress, how I do my hair, do I have noticable wrinkles?, etc....
Sometimes I tend to dress a little too young, I think. I mean I shop at the same stores as all my teenage neices and wear some of the exact same clothes...so surely I am not dressing "old."
Anyway, I know I'm making way too big of a deal of this...but I keep thinking about that show on TLC called "10 years younger" and I just wonder....what would they do to me to make me look 25 instead of 35???
hmmm....
I already whiten my teeth, got laser eye surgery, get highlights, work out, wear "young" clothes, listen to "hip" music....
Ohhhh....maybe it's because I drive a MINI VAN?
ha ha ha ...dang that van...if it weren't paid off I'd go trade it in for something young and sporty...but no amount of "young" is worth a big ole car payment again.
Okay...I'm off to make Frosty Cupcakes for the kids Christmas parties at school....ta ta!

3 comments:

Rissalee said...

My lease on my minivan is almost up and I'm thinking about getting something "younger." But then I remember WHY I got a van to begin with...the safety ratings, the sliding doors, the ease of getting baby and baby GEAR in and out (and in and out...). So! If it's not the actual van itself that makes me old, it *might* be my REASONS for getting one. :o)

And, you're right. Stupid stupid idea for men to guess a lady's age. UNLESS! He knows for a FACT what her age is and he intends to guess 10 years younger! :o)

Kate said...

consider the source. You are as young and hip as you feel and don't let anyone suggest any different :)

KC said...

he was probably really young himself huh? I had a young (early 20's) guy checker at walmart the other day, and when he looked at my drivers license, he said "wow, that doesn't even look like you...you were young!" I wanted to slug him! Was very tempted, and probably would have, but the boys were with me and I had to be a good example! LOL! :)
What is it with mother's not teaching their sons manners these days?!
I went through the same emotions afterwards, and have been stressing over my laugh lines...but hey, I have a wonderful life and a husband who loves me and thinks I'm beautiful...what more could I ask for?! :)