Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Success is So Sweet!

Okay, I totally wanted to blog about this yesterday and had "rehearsed" what I was going to say all day...BUT...something came up last night (The Christmas Train--details on my other blog later) and I didn't get a chance. Anyway, it was a good day for me.
I went to the gym and did an hour of interval training, an hour of Zumba and then did a mile at 7.0 on the treadmill. When I took off my heart rate monitor and checked my calories, I was at 1034!!!!!! That alone made me so excited I wanted to head right back to the gym and do it again--but no can do--I had a hair appt. in an hour. Anyway, I rushed home, started the shower and then stepped on the scale. First it said 132 and I was SO EXCITED...then I (stupidly) got back on again and it said 133. Then again...133 and everytime after that...so I'm gonna say that I am at 133 right now but I'm on the heels of 132.
Now, I know...all this number stuff is dumb and that I shouldn't pay nearly this much attention to the numbers on the scale as how my body looks and feels...ya ya ya --but I have been trying to get to 130 for like YEARS it seems (although it's really only been about 8 months) and I am finally nearing that goal...so yes, I am obsessed with the numbers right now.
Okay before I end this post, I have to do my little dish on Biggest Loser. So who do ya'll want to get in the finale--Heba or Ed? If you're like me--WHO GIVES A CRAP? I mean...really....what's the difference? They both have plenty of weight to lose still...and they both want it like HECK...(although I think Heba has less willpower than Ed) but either of them could easily win it if given the chance...so I won't be voting cuz I don't care. All I really care about is that VICKY DOES NOT WIN. Of course, I would be ecstatic if Michelle wins...she CERTAINLY deserves it the most...(imo) but I will be happy if at least Icky Vicky doesn't win. I am trying to remind myself to pray for her becuase a person like that really needs Jesus.
Okay...I gotta get up from here and get busy with my day. It's gonna be BUSY and LONG.
Love you guys!
Work your butts off this weekend okay?! :o)

1 comment:

KC said...

I didn't vote either. I didn't care. I was thinking "i'll vote for ed, since they want me to vote for Heba. He isn't losing as much and doesn't seem as determined as she does.." but then I never voted, because I simply didn't care. I don't like either of them.
I SOOOOO Hope Michelle WINS!