Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Are you on the "Jen Diet"???

The "Jen Diet" is defined as this: 4 steps forward, 3 steps back.

In other words...do you eat good (moving forward toward your goals) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only to slip up (backwards) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Boy I sure do! It's like a wicked cycle I'm in and even though I'm sticking my big toe out and TRYING to stop the wheel from turning that same direction....I'm hardly slowing it down.

Go with me here:
I wake up Monday morning and I'm off to a great start with my veggie omlet and slice of fruit. Tuesday goes well, Wednesday is good, Thursday and I'm still hanging in there because I know what's right around the corner...the WEEKEND!!!
Friday morning I wake up and say T.G.I.F., Let's have PANCAKES with SYRUP for breakfast to celebrate!!! Noon rolls around and I think, "I've been good all week...I think I'll just have hotdogs and mac-n-cheese with the kids for lunch!" Dinner time arrives and of COURSE...I've cooked dinner all week...so "LET'S GO OUT!!!!", I say!
Saturday-repeat from Friday
Sunday-repeat from Friday
Sunday 9 pm..."Oh! My! Gosh! I feel like a rhino! I have GOT to stop eating like this!!!"

Hmmmm...and I wonder why I can't lose any weight!?!
Do the math...I move up, up, up, up and then go back, back back....4-3=1. So while I'm still moving somewhat toward my goal..I'm going at a riduclously slow pace.
I still have 15 pounds I want off by Memorial Day.....so what's a girl to do? I guess even Beachbody coaches/fitness instructors need a swift KICK in the BUTT sometimes!
...wonder if I can get my foot back there?

7 comments:

SuccessWarrior said...

Do some extra hard guitar jumps from Plyo X. =)

Lori Allberry said...

Alright girlie - let's kick eachother's butts together! I'm kind of hitting a wall, I'm just getting tired of the time that the workouts take every single night! I want to be able to work out for 30 minutes! And up until this morning, I had been thrilled with the results! I just weighed myself and was up 2 pounds! Two pounds, and I have not changed my eating at all! I'm going to re-weigh myself shortly, and make sure the scale wasn't mistaken! ;o) We CAN and WILL do this, ok?! We CAN and WILL! I don't have an amount of lbs I'm focusing on, I just want to be able to do every move on Yoga, and I want to be able to do scissors!!!
xoxoxoxo
♥Lori

Alissa said...

Story of my life Jen! All I can say is that I'm now going on 3 or 4 weeks of logging food, even on the weekends. Even if that means I have to put in 3 glasses of wine or pizza or something awful like that! It helps me to see it and it shows me how much more exercise I need to do to get rid of it. The reality check has worked for me! Now it feels pretty second nature to track everything even if it's bad. I'm down to 156 now! Ummm, crazy since I was at 168 in September!

Rene' said...

how about the Rene' diet, work out then bake some cookies and eat them. ;0 ha ha

Kate said...

no fair . . . I deemed that the Kate Diet long ago! lol

Crafty Doll said...

Hi there, I have skimmed through your entire blog from day 1 and just want to say that I have enjoyed every moment of reading it. You are amazing, despite the "cheating" here and there, lol. Thank you for posting all your recipes and meal plans. They're coming in handy for me, esp. since I just started Day 1 of the P90X program on Sat. I'll be checking up on your blog often for more inspiration. You seriously kick @ss! ;-)

Shaun Smith said...

I'm stuck in the same rut... looking forward to warmer air in the North East to help get me out of that rut... but then the dog on picnics start! AHHHH!