I am eating
That is SO. NOT. COOL.
I'm banking on the theory from my "debits/credits" post I did a while back--and that the deposits I am making right now just haven't caught up with me yet. Yes...that must be it.
Surely I am not sweating gallons every night during these Insanity workouts only to be GAINING weight!!??!!!
The true "proof" will be when I weigh on Friday. I will have been doing the program for a full week and a half then and SURELY by that point, I will have had some success with the scale.
By the way, just FYI, my starting weight for this Insanity Journey was 134. Yah...I had gotten down to 129, so that means I gained 5 pounds over the summer, since I finished my last round of P90X. Bummer.
Anyway, my goal is to finally get down to the elusive 125. I haven't seen that number on my scale since high school, so it's about time.
I wish I could NOT be so hung up on the number that the scale says...but forgettaboutit. I care. It's like the only solid proof that what I'm doing is paying off. Yes...my jeans get looser and that could be an indicator---but not necessarily. Sometimes my jeans feel looser/tighter depending on the time of the month and whether I'm feeling thin or heavy that day.
I've learned a couple of things about doing Insanity I thought I would pass along to those of you who are about to start:
1. Don't wear any kind of jewlery--unless you enjoy having it slam against your skin repeatedly. I am an earring girl and I never, ever, ever take my earrings out (small hoops) but I had to break my rule and remove them because with constant forceful jumping, even those little hoops hurt.
2. Don't drink water. Yah, sounds weird...but I'm learning that it's much better to just wet the inside of your mouth and throat with DROP of water than to take a swig. Even though you're SO THIRSTY, if you take a big swallow, you WILL pay for it during the rest of the workout. The more liquid sloshing around in my stomach, the more likely I am going to be to barf.
3. Don't eat for 2 1/2 hours prior. Previously I had said to be sure and give yourself 1 1/2 hours between your meal and your workout--but--that isn't working for me. When I work out this intensly (to the point of almost ralphing) I burp a lot. A tasteless burp is much better than one that tastes like lunch.
4. Clear the room. During these Insanity workouts, you are doing some SERIOUS jumping, moving forward and back, side to side and you really don't have ANY time to check for objects in the floor underneath you. If you have dogs, kids or toys that are prone to getting under your feet---you really need to fix that for the time that you are working out. We have a 8 pound yorkie and she loves to come get under our feet while we're working out---and in P90X---we just step over her---but with these Insanity workouts that won't work. There is NO time between moves and if she's under there--there is a good chance we are going to stomp her guts out. Sounds awful-but I 'm just sayin'...
5. Use the bathroom first! Even if you don't think you need to---TRY! I know I sound like your dad before a roadtrip-but believe me when I say-you don't want to have anything sitting in your bladder when you start doing these jumps! (same goes for #2 too!)
Okay, that's it for now. I will keep passing along tips as I go.
One thing I can say FOR SURE....is that I LOVE the length of these workouts! Yesterday's (Pure Cardio) was 32 minutes long. We warmed up for about 6-8 minutes, worked out at MAXIMUM intensity for about 18 minutes, and then had a nice stretch/cool down for another 6 or so minutes. I know it sounds "too short for a good workout" but I promise you--it's not.
Today is classes at the gym, mowing all afternoon and then Insanity tonight--it's gonna be an EXHAUSTING day! Wish me luck (and loads of energy!)