Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, December 26, 2011

P90X2-Day 1

Well hello there! Long time no see, eh? Yah, I know. See my previous post for an explanation! :)

Aaaaanywayyyyy.....as you can tell from the title ....we are doing P90X-2!!!!! So excited and ready to BRING IT again in these intense workouts with my hubby! I won't lie, it's a bit intimidating committing to this for 90 days knowing that I also am teaching fitness classes every day IN ADDITION to my P90X2 workouts, but....I'm reminded that I've done it before (back in 2008) and I can do it again. :) Basically I'm doing the "doubles" version right!?!

I don't like to do things "normal"....as a matter of fact, being normal, average and like everyone else is really YUCKY to me....so rather than start on January 1st, like most normal people would....we decided we would start Dec. 26th. An odd date to pick for sure....but for us, it is the perfect date, because 90 days from Dec. 26th is March 28th, which is our 14th wedding anniversary!! :) What better gift can we give to one another?? Cool right?

Today's workout was "Core" and wowee! I had no idea there were so many exercises you could do with the stability ball that I had never heard of or seen before! 55 minutes of core-tightening, ab sculpting craziness! Even the warm up and cooldown/stretch used the ball. One thing we don't have that they use is a foam roller. I'm not sure if I want to bother investing in them or not. I've heard people say wonderful things about them....but...ahhh more money! Blah! I don't even know how much they cost actually. Anyone ever bought one or used one?

The eating plan is going to be interesting. It's been a long time since I've shopped for some of these crazy ingredients. I guess it's not really all that "wild"...its just a lot different than what we are used to. I bet 80% of my shopping list were items in the produce section! TONS of veggies, greenage and herbs! Last night after our first workout, I made a big green salad and baked a 4 oz. salmon filet for us to put on it. I had mine with light strawberry vinegarette dressing (YUM!) Later in the evening, we were both REALLY hungry again, so I had 3 stalks of celery with 1 T. of natural Peanut Butter and a small greek yogurt cup.

Have any of you ever tried PB2? Supposedly it's this powdered peanut butter that you can order online and it's supposed to be way less calories and really yummy in recipes. I think I may try to order some today....!?!

In addition to starting P90X2, I have also begun reading Chalene Johnson's new book called "Push" and I'm very excited to start getting my life and goals more organized! I've only done Day 1 so far and I am feeling very optimistic. I will keep you updated on how it goes!

Well, that's it for today folks! Leave me a comment if you're reading. If I don't get any comments on this, then I'll know not to bother with blogging anymore. :)

Hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to a blessed and healthy 2012!
Love, Jen

8 comments:

Gina said...

I'd like to hear about your P90X-2 experience if you find the time to blog about it...also about the book; I'll have to look for it on Amazon to learn more about it. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading, LOL but I can't wait to try P90X2. My husband just got it but I'm going to do another hybrid before I start it.

*Ashley Lou* said...

We love PB2!! It's an awesome alternative to peanut butter but don't use it as a pb substitute in cooking, it's just not the same =))

P.S. You can get it at CountryMart =)

johny said...

Fat does not make you fat.Lack of proper nutrition and exercise do not. Stay away from saturated fats, reduce saturated fat, get healthy fats with every meal. Some great sources of natural peanut butter, eggs, fish, olive oil and avocados.peanut exercise ball I am very thanks for your posting and sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are posting again. I like reading about all aspects of your life. You are insperational to women/moms everywhere.

Gwen said...

Yay! I'm reading:) What great timing for your 90 days!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading! You are an amazing woman!! Love, love, LOVE you!! Keep inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

My Lover left me heartbroken for 2 years, i emailed “dr_mack@yahoo.com and my lover came back and engaged me.