Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 9

So...today was our first unsuccesful day. Well, let me re-phrase that...Matt's first unsuccesful day. I worked out enough for both of us! ha ha
We had planned to do our work out after work today since it was Plyometrics and that is super-tough to do at 4:45 am...BUT...he ended up having to work late tonight and didn't get home until close to 7. Then by the time we finished dinner, he was zonked on the recliner. I woke him up to see if he was going to do it and he said no. Thankfully, since I knew there was a possibility of him having to work late today, did it earlier in the day. I also went to the gym today for my "normal" work out which was a 45 minute class of core/weight-lifting. So in all, I worked out hard and furious for about 2 hours today. Pfhew! I am bummed that Matt is missing his work out today...but he's not worried about it, so I'm gonna try not to either. I think (for me anyway) that once I miss one...it's like the beginning of the end for me. As long as I have a running streak going..I won't miss, but if I do..then it's all over. Hopefully it won't be that way for him. He's got a whole different kind of determination and willpower than I do. In those ways (mentally) we are completely different. I need someone to breath down my back and kick me in the butt and tell me what to do and when. But not him. He'll either do it--or he won't and nothing you say is gonna change it--and it'll probably just tick him off if you don't just shut up about it already! ha ha ha (woops--got off track there I think!)
Anyway, here's what we ate today:
Breakfast:
Matt-Protien shake
Me-Kashi Go Lean Natural Vanilla oatmeal & water

Lunch:
Matt-4 corn tortilla roll ups with left over top sirloin steak, avacado, salsa & FF cheddar cheese, apple with 2 tbsp. peanut butter
Me-4 oz. top sirloin steak, raw veggies with light ranch, grapes & strawberries.

Snacks:
Matt-Pistaccios, protien bar
Me-Protien bar

Dinner:
Stir-fry veggies with sliced up top sirloin steak (the last of it-Hallelujah!!)
Bowl of mixed fresh fruit

Snack: 7 mini rice cakes (me)

No comments: