Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

P90X Day 9-Sat, Mar 2

Hey guys! Sorry I skipped a few days but let me fill you in real quick!
Wednesday was our "Rest Day" because it's impossible to get in a workout between 5pm when Matt gets home from work and 6:30pm when we leave for church, because we have to eat and shower in that time too, so...No workout Wednesday. We did eat good though.
Thursday was a special day because I got the opportunity to go with my friend Rene to her gym (LifeTime Fitness) and take three new (to me) classes! We started out with an hour of spin, then 30 minutes of Core Conditioning and then about 30 minutes of Yoga-Pilates Fusion. It was great and afterwards we had a healthy lunch in their cafe. Rene and I both got the hummus/veggie wrap. It was SO FUN working out with a friend, taking classes again! It's been a loooong time since I've done that! After that we ran to the  mall to get our shopping fix! ha ha Found some great bargains so that was the icing on the cake!!
Friday was DAY 8 as well as our first WEIGH IN DAY! I'm pretty certain in saying this is the MOST WEIGHT I have ever lost in one week. Last Friday (2/22/13) I weighed in at 149.6  (eeek!) ...but yesterday (3/1/13) I weighed  in at 142.2!!!! That means I lost 7.4 pounds!!! Wow! All I can say is the difference is EATING RIGHT! I always get in good workouts several times a week...but I haven't eaten this clean in a very long time (obviously!)
Our workout for Day 8 was Chest & Back and Ab Ripper again and I felt a little stronger this time. I've challenged myself to do at LEAST 8 pull ups every time we have them. I think we do 8 sets during this dvd...so that's 64 pull ups in an hour! Not to mention a TON of push ups too! Ab Ripper wasn't my greatest effort ever. My abs were really sore from all that I did the day before and honestly, I was so hungry for dinner and just kind of mad that we were STILL working out. I wanted to be done ALREADY! :) ha ha
Today is Saturday, March 2 and DAY 9-Plyometrics. I'm typing this in the morning while I'm having my coffee (haven't eaten a thing yet) so there's not a whole lot to say. Its going to be VERY difficult for us to get our workout in today because Matt gets off work at 5pm and we have an Awards Ceremony to go to at 6pm. I guess we will have to come home from the ceremony and do it afterwards. :(  That really stinks for me. I know...excuses, excuses...but I HATE to get all showered, do my hair and make up and be all fresh and clean and cute...and then waste it all with a workout. Ugh! However, that's just the way it is...so I do it. :)
I admit, I'm a bit "afraid" of what my weigh-in will be like next Friday...because I know its unlikely for me to have a good number on the scale again. My mom has already warned me not to get too disappointed if it stays the same or even goes up a pound. Ugh...that will totally stink. I can't WAIT to see the 130's again! Even if it's 139.9. ha ha

No comments: