Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Doing it Again....P90X

Well, well, well....life has changed. Like it or not, some decisions have been made for me and life as I've known it for the past several years will now be different. The lady I've been renting space from at the martial arts studio randomly asked me to leave. She gave no explanation other than "sometimes you have to do what is right over what is profitable" and told me she was keeping the Zumba instructor (who has about 4 students in her class) and letting me go (I have anywhere from 20-40 students).  In other words, even though I was "profitable" for her...keeping the Zumba lady and letting me go is "right".  It doesn't make an OUNCE of sense. We have always had a GREAT working relationship and even exchanged Christmas gifts just days before she sent me this odd email. I pay her per person who attends class...so she was making upwards of $600/mo. from me for using her facility for 4 hours per week!
But...being honest, I didn't freak out too much when I read her words...because the truth is, I've been wondering if God might be wanting to move me on.  Her words felt like confirmation of just that. So, I quietly accepted them and kept silent about it while I finished out my final session with integrity and character and with as much passion as I had within me. It was an amazing session too...the biggest I've ever had. One of my new girls who came to the very first class this session and didn't miss but one the entire 6 weeks, lost 30 pounds over the course of the session! Awesome! How rewarding!
Anyway, now it's all over and I'm feeling a bit like an ex-girlfriend who's boyfriend has already moved on to bigger and better things. I see FB status of my girls from class joining new gyms, trying new classes and working out with new friends. ouch. Even though that is SO STUPID because I am THRILLED for them--that they are still working out and moving on (not giving up). I guess I struggle with pride more than I realized. I love to be needed. (eeek, hate admiting that) In my heart, I really want what's best for everyone and that means staying healthy and active. And...I know many, many of the girls still wish I had classes and would come back if I started them up again, so I just need to quit my whining.
So anyway, the purpose of this post today was to say that Matt and I have decided to start P90X again. He's been wanting to for about a month now but I've been begging him to wait on me so we can do it together. Now that I'm not working out with the girls anymore...now is the time.
I weighed tonight and it about sent me into a fit of depression, but I will not let it control me. I will regain control of my life...and of my eating.
I really wanted tomorrow to be Day 1 for us...but we got a little snow/ice storm today and hubby has to work to get people's power back on...so it's not looking good.  I may just do it without him...but hate to start that way. Anyway, no matter what, Day 1 is coming VERY soon! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

had to do anonymous because I didn't want to sign out and sign back in with my blogger account. This is Rene' :)
It looks , and sounds , from our talk today, that you have it all under control and handled yourself in a very Godly and integrity filled way when given the news. Who knows what her reasoning is, but it sounds like it was part of God's plan anyway because you were feeling it as well. You can keep up relationships with the girls from class even if it winds up only being via fb and not much face to face time. But who knows, maybe without the time commitment of the classes and practice for the classes you will find you have some extra time to build those relationships in person in different ways than through the class :) All is good, glad u are smiling. I am smiling for you!